I have a bad tendency to flit from one thing to another and take so many pictures that than I get behind in posting stuff I wanted to post! So.......this is officially "catch-up" day!
This little frog was sitting beside me by the pond last week while we both watched for dragonflies :-) I believe it is a Northern Leopard Frog, but don't quote me on that.
I call this little finch "skinny legs".......he just seems to have longer than normal legs, or something. He also looks like he is laughing at me, but really he just has a mouthful of seed.
"Do we look alike???
"Have we met before?"
"Maybe if I just ignore him, he'll go away."
I've been trying to find a mimosa tree that had flowers at a level that I could photograph, because I love how they look! This one is obviously too high, but I liked how it looked waving in the wind.
One mimosa shot that wasn't too bad. Pink and fluffy....what more can you ask for in a tree flower??
These barn swallows were over in Illinois at a boat launch place that we stopped at briefly. I think they are so beautiful and the tail is so long. He is posing in a very stately manner.
This is his mate up in her nest above where he is sitting.
Such lovely color and shape!
Purple clover......just thought they were pretty.
Common Whitetail farthest away and Widow Skimmer in front!
Widow Skimmer female.....one of several that were hanging around away from the water's edge in a little patch of sunshine. Resting from egg laying maybe??
Several familes of geese all showed up to eat in this yard.....dozens of them. The adults mostly stood tall watching, while the young ones ate and ate. This one is younger as you can tell by the color.
I guess this video is why they were watching.....this one goose gets very territorial when someone else gets too close! He/she was a very mean old goose!
I guess this video is why they were watching.....this one goose gets very territorial when someone else gets too close! He/she was a very mean old goose!
OK.....maybe I'm sort of caught up with the things I kept forgetting.....at least for the moment.
15 comments:
The photos of the finch by the metal bird silhouette are very humorous and the goose chasing the other goose was funny too, I'm glad you posted it.
Very neat shots - Love the Barn swallow! Nicely done!
Cheers, Klaus
That was a good catch up Mary.
Thank you, guys!
mary
I have the same problem and I believe it's getting worse ! I take so many pictures, that I sometimes overlook some I had wanted to put on. Hum, might be a good post "Recollecting Earlier Images"
Anyhow I love that frog. I wish we had more. I am finding more Dragonflies now. I'll post some tomorrow. Our Barn Swallows have all fledged, and no more swooping attacks from the parents.
Nice post!
Becky: I feel like I stick so many photos in....how do those who post only one shot ever make a decision?? This little frog was just calmly sitting right beside me...didn't move until I touched him. Look forward to your dragons....I wish I'd see some new ones. I wish I had barn swallows at my house somewhere....they sure were pretty.
A wonderful selection Mary. At least the Mimosa and the swallow were familiar to me as we have both here. Love the video of the duck too. LOL!!
Joan: I think the mimosa flowers are so pretty, and had a very hard time getting pictures....they were all way out of my reach!
Nice nice shots. I love the bird looking down in a prayerful pose . Another series of great shots.
Sandy: Thanks! I think your drawing is great....we all are the worst critics of our own work.
Good thing you caught up- you have some good stuff here!
Oh the froggy is adorable!
Great post!!
Thanks for the catch up Mary...I thought of you yesterday when I went to the mailbox! A very small amber colored dragonfly flew by and I thought if Mary were here we would chase after it to get a picture!!!
Sandy and Helen: Thanks!
Kerri: I love frogs, so he was a very nice little surprise.
Eve: LOL! He be so startled by these strange ladies with their cameras that he fly a million miles away never to return :-)
Hey Mary- If I were a betting man, I would put money that your frog is actually a southern leopard frog. I'm mostly familiar with the northerns we have in central and northern Ohio, and this one just looks different. The spots are more round...and you being way down south in Indiana...i bet you've got a southern leopard frog.
Tom
Post a Comment