Thursday, July 31, 2008

Skywatch Friday.....

This skywatch is looking up to see what keeps me from plummeting to the earth below on my way up the mountain to.........view the Natural Bridge in Kentucky!

Once you are up there, the view is gorgeous with lots of lovely sky and the bridge in the distance!


Trees against the sky....a favorite view of mine



The view from on top of the Natural Bridge




The view back down towards where we came from.

15 comments:

RamblingWoods2.com said...

I love the damsel and dragonfly photos. I don't think I have been here before...and the Sky Watch photo. Beautiful area you live in..

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

What an interesting collection of moody skies!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Very varied and interesting collection.

Joyce's Journey said...

Beautiful shots! Happy SWF and a wonderful weekend to you!

Leora said...

Thanks for the wonderful ride. Kentucky looks beautiful; my brother's gone camping there.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Oh i would love to be able to see that but not so high on that lift

abb said...

I tend to forget that there are mountains in the midwest...old they may be, but there they are!
I got dizzy looking up in your first photo...

Lovely SWF post!

sketched out said...

Ooooh, what a super vacation you're having! Your photos are exquisite! I feel like I'm on vacation with you... for a few minutes anyway, heehee.

I'm so glad you linked your name on your last comment. I hadn't added you to my RSS feed yet, and I couldn't remember how to get to your blog for ages. I tried googling you and no dice. Anyway, all fixed, whew!

Have a continued great time on your vacation and thanks for all your encouraging and fun comments!

Kingsdowner said...

Looks like my kind of place :-]

Keep safe!

The Birdlady said...

Lovely- but the skylift picture made my tummy flip! Virginia also has a natural bridge - it was surveyed by George Washington and owned by Thomas Jefferson...also a beautiful place to see.
http://www.naturalbridgeva.com/history.html

me ann my camera said...

The natural bridge is amazing! You are finding some wonderful places!

kjpweb said...

That bridge is gorgeous! And you're having more fun than allowed. ;)
Cheers, Klaus

Mary said...

Thank you everyone! I will skip the individual replies for now. The Wifi connection at the parks is slow....slow...slow. Tonight we may be in a motel rather than a park. Don't know til we get there! Thank you to anyone new who dropped in and I will visit your blogs when I get a better chance and a bit more time. Tomorrow we head home.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the photo of the Natural Bridge Mary, have nothing like that. Fascinating.

esnorway said...

great shoots have nice weekend