My squirrels are still hiding out from the heat, so here are a few of my favorite "hang ten" pictures from the past :-) Maybe for a squirrel it is "hang eight"....I didn't count the toes.
If we had to do this to get our food, I bet we'd all be in a lot better shape than we are! Hang ten!
Oh my gosh...how funny! Aren't they amazing? (some of my customrs accuse me of breeding squirrels and releasing them into the neighborhoods, so they have to come buy squirrel proof (resistent?) feeders and food..lol!
You know Mary, I don't think there is anything I look more forward to than your Squirrel Sundays!! It is an absolute treat and always has me laughing at their antics. Thank you so much for this highlight!!.
Helen: I'm convinced that there are NO squirrel proof feeders. I have several that were suppose to be, but weren't.
Wren: I think I would die pretty quickly if my abdomenal muscles had to work that hard to eat and I know my toes would cramp and fall off.
Joan: I'm glad that everyone enjoys Squirrel Sunday, but this year's crop of squirrels has not been very entertaining so far....I think I feed them too well :-)
Ann: Well, we all need a laugh at least once a week, and squirrels are a good place to find it ususally :-)
Marita bk: Your comment made me laugh! My garden is a joke...seriously. If you saw good flowers on here, they are mostly someone elses :-) Especially at this time of year. My lilies and some black-eyed susans and sunflowers and phlox are it at the moment.
Sandy: I think it is in their genes to be comical. If they make us smile, we won't chase them away....seems to work at this house :-)
Helen: Hmmmm....I had a different brand that worked the same way, and if the squirrels didn't ruin it than the racoons did.....the springs that operated it got stretched and then it closed all the time and the birds couldn't use it either. If I really wanted to get rid of the squirrels I would try a Squirrel Buster and see if it worked better....but then what would I post on Squirrel Sunday??? Maybe Fox Squirrels are trickier than grey squirrels....they are certainly bigger and heavier, I'd say looking at them. Thanks for letting me know about the Squirrel Buster....there may be some others who want one!
Mary, I am sorry my mom and I have not been by to visit. We are so busy with our move coming up and selling our house. Of course we had to first check out squirrel Sunday as we love your squirrel posts. Again this one is very cute! --JB
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
16 comments:
Oh my gosh...how funny! Aren't they amazing? (some of my customrs accuse me of breeding squirrels and releasing them into the neighborhoods, so they have to come buy squirrel proof (resistent?) feeders and food..lol!
I love them, too - great photos. Not sure I'd survive if eating took that much work on my part, but I'd definitely be thinner if I did.
You know Mary, I don't think there is anything I look more forward to than your Squirrel Sundays!! It is an absolute treat and always has me laughing at their antics. Thank you so much for this highlight!!.
I just had to check it our for I knew it would be good and it IS! LOL!
Happy Squirrel Sunday!
ann
You have the most fantastic garden photos ever!
Wonderful photos!!! Quite a character ya got there.
Helen: I'm convinced that there are NO squirrel proof feeders. I have several that were suppose to be, but weren't.
Wren: I think I would die pretty quickly if my abdomenal muscles had to work that hard to eat and I know my toes would cramp and fall off.
Joan: I'm glad that everyone enjoys Squirrel Sunday, but this year's crop of squirrels has not been very entertaining so far....I think I feed them too well :-)
Ann: Well, we all need a laugh at least once a week, and squirrels are a good place to find it ususally :-)
Marita bk: Your comment made me laugh! My garden is a joke...seriously. If you saw good flowers on here, they are mostly someone elses :-) Especially at this time of year. My lilies and some black-eyed susans and sunflowers and phlox are it at the moment.
Sandy: I think it is in their genes to be comical. If they make us smile, we won't chase them away....seems to work at this house :-)
Yeah there is - I've sold several hundred Squirrel Busters, and I have one myself - they just can't do it...but it's funny watching them try.
Helen: Hmmmm....I had a different brand that worked the same way, and if the squirrels didn't ruin it than the racoons did.....the springs that operated it got stretched and then it closed all the time and the birds couldn't use it either. If I really wanted to get rid of the squirrels I would try a Squirrel Buster and see if it worked better....but then what would I post on Squirrel Sunday??? Maybe Fox Squirrels are trickier than grey squirrels....they are certainly bigger and heavier, I'd say looking at them. Thanks for letting me know about the Squirrel Buster....there may be some others who want one!
They're pesky and I love 'em! Uplifting Sunday Squirrel as always. Thank you so very much!
What a riot those squirrels are. Only problem they will eat you out of house and home!
:) Wonderful shots!
Cheers, Klaus
Annie and Becky: If you want to discourage them, Helen (Birdlady..see above comment) has a feeder that apparently works!
Klaus: Thanks!
This is so funny! I love squirrels!
Hehehehehee Great series...they make me smile just to look at them.
Mary,
I am sorry my mom and I have not been by to visit. We are so busy with our move coming up and selling our house. Of course we had to first check out squirrel Sunday as we love your squirrel posts. Again this one is very cute!
--JB
Post a Comment