Oh my, Mary, what a gorgeous sun! How did you do that? Early morning, late afternoon, what were the weather conditions? I've never been able to do that.
You win the prize for this week's best SWF photo, hands down!
Annie: I'm always embarrassed to say I don't know how I did it. I was shooting at the sunset with some trees in front of it, but as to what conditions caused it....who knows? I was really zoomed in...obviously. I'm usually shooting on auto or a preset setting that I use for a lot of things. I just get lucky, is the honest truth! I thought it had an "oriental" look to it.
Annie: I went back to the photo program and it gave me this information: shutter speed 1/800, Apeture: F6.4...auto setting. Now you know as much as I do and it is all "greek" to me! I'll probably burn out my eyeballs some day taking these sunset shots.
This would make a good print on fabric as well... beautiful view.. love the birds on show here as well.
Please forgive this 'copy & paste part of my comment but I am on my rounds checking all the links but wanted you to know I have seen your post and will try to get back again. On behalf of all other Sky Watchers the team thank you for taking part this week.
This is spectacular i have been trying to get a shot like this but all i get is a white coloring guess that comes from me having a much cheaper camera LOL Love it
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
24 comments:
That's an incredible photo - well done, fellow skywatcher!
Oooh! That's lovely.
Woah! That's different! Little closer and you would have been burnt by the sun, huh?
Cheers, Klaus
Beautiful!! Love it!!
Thanks everyone!
Wow! Wonderful photo! Happy SWF!
Oh my, Mary, what a gorgeous sun! How did you do that? Early morning, late afternoon, what were the weather conditions? I've never been able to do that.
You win the prize for this week's best SWF photo, hands down!
Annie: I'm always embarrassed to say I don't know how I did it. I was shooting at the sunset with some trees in front of it, but as to what conditions caused it....who knows? I was really zoomed in...obviously. I'm usually shooting on auto or a preset setting that I use for a lot of things. I just get lucky, is the honest truth! I thought it had an "oriental" look to it.
Annie: I went back to the photo program and it gave me this information: shutter speed 1/800, Apeture: F6.4...auto setting. Now you know as much as I do and it is all "greek" to me! I'll probably burn out my eyeballs some day taking these sunset shots.
This would make a good print on fabric as well... beautiful view.. love the birds on show here as well.
Please forgive this 'copy & paste part of my comment but I am on my rounds checking all the links but wanted you to know I have seen your post and will try to get back again.
On behalf of all other Sky Watchers the team thank you for taking part this week.
Tom
Such a lovely evening picture. We sang a song at school...
Oh how lovely is the evening, is the evening when all the birds of earth are singing..
just seemed appropriate for your blog.
Dx
That sun looks like a perfectly ripe peach..would love to take a bite. Thanks for sharing with SkyWatch!
--Lynellen, #242 on this week's SkyWatch
Shop with me, your Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
That hot big red and orange sun is sooo coool...
Beautiful Mary! Happy Friday!
This is spectacular i have been trying to get a shot like this but all i get is a white coloring guess that comes from me having a much cheaper camera LOL Love it
Nice photo, reminds me of the end of a hot, hazy summer day.
I love blogs with nature photos and this sky is very pretty...
Beauituf photo! The moon looks so big, and the colors so warm.
OH MY THIS IS GORGEOUS!
What a sight! AMAZING!!
How did I miss this one?! It is gorgeous!
ann
Absolutely gorgeous Mary!
Mary, this sure is a stunner--really, really beautiful.
Thanks everyone! I was surprised myself when I saw how this shot turned out. Sometimes ignorance of your equipment still lets you get a good shot :-)
Post a Comment