First of all, an apology to Ohio......the blue bridge goes to Ohio and then you turn right and drive 13 miles to West Virginia. These tri-state areas can be confusing!
We decided to drive to West Virginia yesterday evening, so we found this out the hard way. Huntington, WV has a wonderful art museum located at the top of a small mountain. We didn't expect it to be open, but were pleasantly surprised to find that it was! The first thing I saw was a Chihuly art glass hanging piece in the conservatory! I love Chihuly's glass, as you know from an earlier post this year!
Beautiful hanging among the exotic plants!
Like a beautiful flower!
I saw plants I had never seen before......this is an Ant Plant!
Chenille Plant
(I hope I get these all right.....I didn't take notes and forgot some of them)
Moose Antler Fern
Don't remember this one......reminds me of a mop :-)
Pitcher Plant?
Screw Pine
Don't know but loved the spirals!
This was my favorite orchid!





......or maybe this one!
.....or this one.
All gorgeous!
All gorgeous!
You are probably wondering why I said this was an art museum. Well, they don't let you take pictures of the art.....only the plants and the outdoor sculptures.
Had a terrific gun collection......matchlock, flintlock, carved handles, etc. (and I don't like guns), Civil War photos, silver, glassware.
11 comments:
Very interesting and unique photos today. That art glass is amazing.
How funny that you have the oldest living hippo living near you!
--JB
Wonderful, interesting flowers! But I especially loved that hanging glass piece ... what a beauty for that setting!
Gorgeous plants - all of them! That's a great tour! Cheers, Klaus
Those orchids are stunning!! I used to have about 200 of them in all colors and miss my hothouse very much. You have some very unusual plants here Mary. Extremely interesting!! Thanks for sharing.
Great photos Mary, found them all very interesting, including the flowers and plants, some of which I had never seen before.
JB: I thought it was funny that you posted hippos right after our city hosted Donna the hippo's 58th birthday. Small world!
Cicero: Chihuly's glass stuff is always outstanding! Look up his web site and be amazed!
Joan: Wow...you had 200 orchids?? I thought only Nero Wolfe had that many (sorry...I'm a big Nero Wolfe mystery fan and couldn't resist). This place had some of the strangest plants I had ever seen and I wish I had taken notes about them.
Denise: I had never seen these either....lovely stuff! The rest of the museum was great, too and I wish they had allowed pictures.
Klaus: didn't mean to leave you out! Using a laptop with a slow connection and having some difficulties. Thanks for your comments!
Wow, I love those orchid shots, what beautiful flowers.
That art glass is incredible and enjoyed all the pics around this area. Beautiful architecture abounds!!!
Beautiful flowers Mary, better than the art I should think.
Mary...I must have fallen into some kind of other world slip stream because I am WAY behind on your posts!!! What happened???!!! Ok it's late but I'm going to get back and read all your wonderful vacation posts!! They all look so great, what an adventure!! Be back soon!!!
Post a Comment