I took a nice stroll down on the river front this morning and saw a lot more than I expected.
I will just have to post several times a day to get everything in probably.

While making my way along the beach, I was surprised to come around a corner and see these purple flowers with dozens of the little white butterflies on them! Cool! This shot is not quite focused.....the camera chose to focus on the rocks and I didn't realize it until I saw it on the computer. Drat. I even shot a video of them fluttering all over these flowers, but will not add it right now.

They flitted and fluttered constantly, but I got a few half-way decent shots.

Such a nice contrast in colors!

The bee liked these flowers, too!

This swallowtail was making landings on the sand and I enjoyed the reflections he cast.

He found a dead fish to explore......yuck! Beauty and the...whatever!

It floated and landed over and over and it was really relaxing to just watch it.

Landings

There were several of these little ragged skippers in the plants along the edge of the rocks. Hard to get them out of the leaves enough for a picture.

I really enjoy these bridges and today could see the reflection on the water which made them twice as nice! I call this one "Bridges, geese, bridges".

Bridge reflections on the water

Under the blue bridge!
More later.
Mike has a break for lunch, so am going out again to eat and see what is in town.
7 comments:
wow what a wonderful walk
I love the bridge and the butterfly! That Spicebush Swallowtail is beautiful...I don't get them here. I missed yesterdays post so am off to read.
Have a good rest of the day Mary!
Cool - you got the Spicebush Swallowtail mudpuddling. (They are taking on Minerals that way, to stay fit)
Cheers, Klaus
Thanks everyone for the comments, and also thanks for telling me that it is a Spicebush Swalowtail and that it is mudpuddling. I wondered what it was doing. I need you guys as guest editors :-)
It all looks wonderful and interesting. Great butterfly pictures!!!!
Wonderful!! Wonderful!! Wonderful!! Yu are making me jealous!! :)
Beautiful Butterflies and Bridges!!
Post a Comment