Monday, July 28, 2008

Basket/cage thing figured out!

My husband finally identified the basket/cage thing......he wrote in the comments, but most of you did not see it:

"I just figured out what your wire basket is. Because the wetlands are inside the levee if too much water accumulates there it has to be pumped up to the river. Your wire basket goes over the drain pipe to prevent logs, trees, trash and elephants from being sucked in and ruining the pump."

5 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I am SO glad for them as I would hate the elephants to ruin the pumps. LOL!! LOL!! Yes I missed his comment...sorry!! Glad you figures it out Mike and don't work too hard while Mary loafs around taking lovely pictures for us. LOL!!

Mary said...

Hi, Joan....I knew my husband would come up with an answer eventually. I told him that you appreciated the elephant comment :-)

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

That makes sense! Thanks.

John Theberge said...

Glad you were able to figure out what the basket was and now that you did, looking back at the photo, it makes perfect sense.

Eve said...

Ok then...if it can stop an elephant then we know it's BIG!!!
Ha Ha!