Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow brings out the birds....

Yesterday would have been an excellent day to count birds! The snow really brings everyone out to the feeders.American Tree Sparrow
Eastern Bluebird

Lots of Cardinals!
Chickadee!
"Can we share?"
Goldfinch and Downy Woodpecker

Mockingbird fighting the wind
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Junco and Song Sparrow. I had at least 20 Juncos yesterday.

Brown Thrasher....very shy and stayed where it was sort of dark.

This Titmouse just sat there for awhile.....I think he was resting from the wind, which was terrible.
Serene for a few minutes in the shelter of the feeder.

Towhee male.....haven't seen the female.

Carolina Wren trying the bottom of the suet.
"A little windy today!"
I hope they all come back for the Great Backyard Bird Count!

13 comments:

Eve said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you Mary...hope they all come back for the count! I'm looking out the window and IT'S SPITTING SNOW AGAIN!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Oh wow,with all these birds you should have a great count weekend.
Blessings,Ruth

happily retired gal said...

What an amazing VARIETY of birds visit your feeders ... loved all your photos and appreciated you identifying them for folks like me who only see sparrows, doves pigeons, seagulls, pelicans and crows (with an occasional parrot) for the most part.
Hugs and blessings,

George said...

You got some wonderful pictures of the action at your feeders. I also hope they will come back for the count this weekend.

Dorothy said...

Wow! you got a lot of good ones! You must have an excellent vantage point..you get such great pictures! Maybe they will be back on the day to count them!

Rose said...

You sure do get the visitors--I did think I saw the wren here yesterday. I so hope she comes back in the spring.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi, Your birds are similar to ours.. I don't have mockingbirds at my feeders (or at least I haven't seen them). Our Brown Thrashers have disappeared since Fall and so have the Bluejays. I did see one Junco--but no more.

This year I have tons of Goldfinches, some House Finches, a couple of Carolina Wrens--and more, including my favs, the Bluebirds and the Cardinals.

Great group of pictures. It's snowing like crazy here today.
Hugs,
Betsy

Becky said...

OK, that does it! I'm coming to your house for the GBBC.
Wonderful pictures Mary. You'll take a prize for sure.
B.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I think I agree with Becky that your house seems to be the place to be for the count. :) What a wonderful selection Mary.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

They are all so pretty and I hope they are present and correct for the count!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

you had the most wonderful aray of feathered beauties in your garden. We don't those birds here in the UK.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Loads of fun with your birds, what a great variety.

Lindy said...

All great shots and captions, but I really like the one of the Goldfinch and Downy dining together!