Tuesday, February 16, 2010

If you've got snow, you may as well take photos...

These are photos that I took last week....some of the birds at home and some drifts of snow along the road where I took my SkyWatch photos last week. I don't normally shoot photos through the vertical blinds, but I knew if I moved closer this female Cardinal would fly away. I had never seen one of the Cardinals show an interest in the peanut butter or suet! I was so surprised that she was trying to bend down and eat the peanut butter off the pine cone. She had a terrible time trying to balance and do this! There were seeds out there, so it wasn't her only choice for food. I guess in cold weather any food looks good!
The Downy is much more efficient at doing this :-)

I wish this was a little lighter, because I like this shot.

A male Bluebird in the tree.....

.....the female Bluebird in the tree later.
The rest of these were along the road last week...when we briefly had sunshine!
A hawk....not sure what kind
Trying some "arty" shots :-)


An interesting fold in the snow.

I couldn't help wondering what caused some of the strange patterns and formations. The work of the wind, I assume.
The snow had a hard textured look.
Curves and gullies

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Mary and some fantastic photos you have taken as well.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Stunning pictures.Your Downy shots are excellent and those snow pictures look like sculptures.Keep on sooting these scenes,I love them.
Blessings,ruth

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh I DO like your arty shots Mary!! Well done!!

Cicero Sings said...

The wind and snow sure made some interesting patterns! Nice shots.

The Downy pictures turned out nice and clear.

Dorothy said...

Oh Wow! Wonderful photos! Love the pictures of your birds and the snow!!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, I'm catching up today. We have alot of snow (probably about 8 inches) and it's still coming. Crazy...

My birds are eating like crazy also... Love your bird pictures. I've never seen a Brown Creeper before. I'll have to look for that one.

Great artistic snow pictures also.
Hugs,
Betsy

Luna und Luzie said...

Those are wonderful photos. The snow looks so interesting!!!
I also enjoyed your birdposts and the post about the squirrel too.

Becky said...

Love the snow shots Mary. You might just as well do something fun with it. It won't go away anyhow!.Very well done!
B.

George said...

You've gotten some wonderful 'artsy' shots of the snow drifts and grasses throough the snow. Of course, your pictures of the birds are good, too.

Rose said...

I love your snow drift series! They are wonderful.

Eve said...

Love your bird photos and your art Mary. Very nice!

sandy said...

I'm enjoying all your photos, burr....

and the banner photo, I love the upsidedown bird.

Judy said...

I love the macros! The texture of the snow is fascinating!!!