Maybe spring is coming at last!
Sunday the temperatures felt so good we headed to Howell wetlands for the first time in weeks!
Late in the afternoon.....snoozing and cruising.
The stern view....I like how the feathers look on her back.
A pair at the water's edge. Beginning to look for nesting sites maybe?
We saw two pair of Mallards in the creek area.
Cruising the open water, nibbling some food.
I liked the water squiggles in this one :-)
Still ice on the shallower parts of the creek, but thawing on the edges. Won't be long!
Green stuff! Don't care what it is....it's green stuff!
This area will have entire logs full in the coming weeks, but even one is a hopeful sign to me!
Another one sitting high and warming itself.
....two.....
.....three!
I thought this was one.....and then noticed the nose peeking out on the right side of the stump when I got it home.
11 comments:
These are indeed hopeful signs Mary. I love the reflection shots you have here. That water is so calm the reflection is perfect.
No fair! It's one thing for Georgia and California to be showing signs of spring, but if it's spring anywhere in the Midwest it should be shared fairly among us all. {pouting}
Now that I've gotten that out of my system ... I love the geese. Those first two photo epitomize peace and tranquility.
That second photo is wonderful! So glad to see hints of spring.
I feel more hopeful now.These pictures sure do say spring,it won't be long.
Blessings,Ruth
The stern view of that goose is a nice shot ... nice feathers, nice reflections.
Pretty mild here yesterday. We went on a long walk and I swear, there were some greener looking blades of grass!
Oh, those first ones with the geese and the reflections--they are superb! and I love seeing those turtles coming out.
Wow Mary, you did see so many Spring signs. Especially the turtles. Ours are still buried in mud I'm afraid, and NO signs of Spring here except the Sparrows are in and out of the Bluebird house all morning!:(
B.
The pair of geese at the water's edge ... and their reflection ... is my favorite. There's poetry here!
Mary, You are getting really good with that camera!!! I just love the duck pictures with their reflections!!!
Great shots again, Mary! Love the one of the three turtles. Can't believe they're out already - amazing! We've lost a lot of our snow but it's still cold here, in the 20s.
Thanks everyone! After that hopeful day, I must have put a curse on the weather and it got cold again....however, we are suppose to get into the 40's by the weekend. Yeah!
Post a Comment