Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Deja vu.....

I think I took this same photo last week.
The snow came back. Rats!I thought that one snow storm was plenty. Two is two too many. I know this is nothing compared to out east, but they are used to it and we seldom have more than one snow a year.
The Cardinal looks as dejected as I feel! If he knew how little bird food I have on hand, he would be even more dejected!

He better grab some while he can!
The Brown Thrasher showed up! I hope he sticks around for the Great Backyard Bird count!
(I'll count him anyway....after all what difference does 3 days make??)
White Throated Sparrow. I hope later when the light gets better to get some better shots then these. Doesn't look like I'll be doing much today but sitting at home drinking tea and working jigsaw puzzles.

11 comments:

Rose said...

Great cardinal shots! We got about 2-3 more inches here. Looks like more with what was left from last time.

Ingrid said...

Of course cardinal looks even more beautiful in the white snow, but he too, must hate it !
I am fat up of snow too, and just this morning it has started again ! I had hoped it was finished for this year !

Dorothy said...

I know you are tired of snow, so send the next one down here, we hardly ever get any!! Good pictures and I like your plans for the day!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well--you all just need to move a little farther south. We had that ONE snow --and that is it for us.. Last night, it snowed and was SO pretty (that heavy, clingy kind). We took some 'night' photos --but this morning, it was ALL gone. The RAINS washed it all away. SO--move to Tennessee...

Great bird photos. I haven't seen a Brown Thrasher since Fall... Hope they come back here this spring.

Hugs,
Betsy

Jenny said...

Hi Mary
Drinking Tea and doing Jigsaws is my idea of a great day (as you know)(-: I wish I could join you!!! Good luck for the bird count coming up!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful birds and snow too ... just lovely to view (from a distance in a warmer climate). Thanks for sharing ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

Well, at least it was a nice day to see lots of birds! Just about every bird I usually see at the feeders showed up for some food in the cold and wind. Brrrrr....hope it is nicer tomorrow!

Becky said...

The Cardinals look so pretty in the winter.
How in the world am I going to do the bird count with all these SAME finches, sparrows, and Tree sparrows every day. Nothing new! Oh well.
B.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The birds and other wildlife have a hard time in winter.I often think they must really appreciate the food put out for them.That winter scene is still beautiful even if we would like the weather to change.
Blessings,Ruth

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Tea and a jigsaw puzzle is just perfect for this Mary. If I lived close by I would join you and bring along the chocolate cake. :)

Leanne said...

What fantastic contrast the red and white. The snow does look beautiful.