I know I have a lot of violets and they seem to be the favorite place for the birds to hide to make it hard for me to take their photos!
The Brown Thrasher has shown up and I saw him peeking over the tops of the violets and iris growth. Hopefully he will come out in the open more eventually!
The cardinal doesn't hide very well.....a bright patch of red among the purple.
He was joined by a Towhee! Haven't seen one of those for awhile.
Only when he turns around and shows the white and orange areas, could I see him. His black back blended into the shadows very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Lovely set of photos Mary and amongst the violets as well.
I've been busy Mary but want to stop in and enjoy the birds and ducks!!! I'll catch up soon.
I guess the violets were your backdrop...and there couldn't be a better one.
Love,love,love the violets.I wish I had a large patch of those.The birds look extra pretty nestled among them.
Blessings,Ruth
Very, very beautiful Mary. I do love spring!!
We've been having nice weather all week but we don't have any green like in your photos but I can't wait. I hope to be in the kayak by this weekend. I saw Mike yesterday and he had his out last Sunday.
Mary: What a neat set of birds which frequent your area. I still want to see a Towhee.
I envy you the cardinals: they are so beautiful! They always make me think of our childhood set of pelmonism (memory game) cards. Greetings from Swansea. I have just come back from Yorkshire, UK, where we watched puffins building their nests.
Those robins sure don't waste time where juicy, yummy worms are concerned! Lucky you got a shot.
Looks like your backyard birds are well-fed, Mary... BUT--where are the squirrels today????? ha ha
Love the Thrashers.. AND of course, the Towhee.. I haven't seen ours lately. In fact, the biggest guests we are having now are the CHIPMUNKS. (They are almost as much of a nuisance as the Siskins were.)
Thanks for the great pictures today.
Hugs,
Betsy
Lovely, lovely birds and pretty violets. I'm still learning the difference between the sparrows and your ID's are always a big help, and for the other birds too such as the Thrasher and the Towhee, I haven't seen those around our place. Thank you :)
I didn't realize a patch of violets could be such a fertile hunting ground for bird pictures. Well done!
Lots of birds. I sure hope it is nice here tomorrow so I can try to capture a bird....anywhereLeedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra
...that's a nice variety of birds and your violets are beautiful!
These birds must be flower lovers. What a hoot. I wonder what they are all looking for?
B.
I'm getting terrible about responding to comments, but it is 10PM and I'm really tired. My violets grow everywhere and these particular ones are around my feeders...you can see the black pole in a couple.....so the birds are looking for dropped sunflower seeds.
Post a Comment