My sister from Seattle has stopped in for the weekend....she was up in Chicago....so I may not have a lot of photo taking time or blogging time. These are some photos we took last week at Blue Grass that I forgot to post.
One Red-Wing Blackbird at the top of the tree.
A couple of females in a different tree.
Mike caught this Great Blue Heron lifting off.
I now know where at least one Killdeer nest is.....if she survives! We pulled into a gravel parking area by a cemetery on the edge of the Blue Grass property and I looked out the car window and right below was a Killdeer sitting on her nest! Not more than 3 feet from where we parked the car!!!! I would have been horrifed if we had run over her! They are not very smart birds.
She never made a peep or moved an inch.....I think she thought she was invisible.
She never made a peep or moved an inch.....I think she thought she was invisible.
11 comments:
Great series of photos. Love the Kildeer shot and the picture from your back yard!
Hello Mary. I love the grass and the Killdeer but mostly that one of your back yard. Beautiful!!
So many lovely photos,but the best one in my eyes is the one taken from the back deck.I love the soft light and sunshine.Perhaps you will get some pictures of baby Killdeer.Waiting to see them.
Blessings,Ruth
Yikes! I do hope that Killdeer nest does survive! I really love that sun blazing through the blossoming tree photo Mary. Lovely!
Mary, that shot from your back deck is so beautiful. I think it is one of my favorite photos that you have taken.
I would love to find a Killdeer nest. I see them on the road not far from here, but have no idea where their nest is.
I really like the shot from your back deck.
We put up a new birdhouse today, with a hole big enough for a Chickadee or Wren. Hope we get some tennants.
B.
...have fun with your sister! I love the little chickadees!
Great photos and glad you missed her! I love the view from your deck, that is one gorgeous photo.
Mary: Loved your Killdeer best.
I always enjoy your photo series. That shot off the back deck (?) is fantastic!
Think something got my Killdeer's eggs, but not sure. All gone, but one. But she is gone too. She did seem "less smart" than the ones we have been having in our backyard.
Love the sun coming through in your backyard.
Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra
Post a Comment