Friday, April 17, 2009

SkyWatch Friday....

It's SkyWatch Friday time and I'm looking through lots of pink to the sky beyond.
This is my Japanese double-flowering cherry tree. I wish there had been more sunshine to show off the flowers better.
Masses of pink flowers in little bouquets at the ends of each branch.

Blue skies and a few clouds are a perfect background for it!
In a week or so, I will have "pink snow" all over the ground as the petals fall.

It's isn't quite fully open yet, but very close.
A pink swag.
I had to lighten some of the photos too much to get the blossoms to show up better.
For more skies all over the world, click on the icon on my sidebar!
It's a beautiful time of year to look at the sky!

My duck duo came back and found the seeds I left for them and then wandered over to the neighbor's lawn. Hope they don't decide to nest under a bush there, because I don't think the neighbors would be real thrilled.

18 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

This has got to be one of the most beautiful trees on earth when it blooms like this Mary. Fantastic pics!!

Rose said...

That cherry tree is gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

Lovely blossom Mary.

CountryDreaming said...

I especially love the bottom two cherry blossom images.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! I was having trouble getting good close-ups. Couldn't seem to get the light in the right place. Today we have sunshine and I may try again at a different time.

Jose's World said...

Mary: Thank you for visiting my Blog,
got some more images of the cygnets yesterday; there are least 11 and some eggs still to hatch. You got beautiful flowers and the photos are superb.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

LOve the pink flowers.They do look especially pretty against the blue sky.
Blessings,Ruth

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

The blossoms are beautiful Mary. My Skywatch picture is similar. A x

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Hey Mary! What a fantastic blog u have...Lovely and bright blossoms all over. Its my first visit here and I found your blog very nice! :)

Shelley said...

So many beautiful pink blooms puts me in the spring mood!! And I love your duck pair!

2sweetnsaxy said...

What beautiful pink flowers! Great shots. I don't know what happened with my flowering plum this year. It's bare. :-(

Mary said...

Jose: Will look for your cygnet photos.

Ruth: It's a great tree while its in bloom!

Anne: will check out your photo!

Bhavesh: Thsnks for stopping by!

Shelley: Saw them again today.

2sweetnsaxy: Hope it didn't die. I hate losing trees.

Leedra said...

The cherry blossoms are the most pretty color of pink.

Hopefully you will get to keep the ducks at your place.

Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra

VioletSky said...

What gorgeous flowers. I was excited at seeing magnolia buds, this would set me over into delirium.

Becky said...

What a gorgeous tree Mary.
Those blossoms are just beautiful! The blue sky behind them is such a compliment too.
B.

Cicero Sings said...

Oh to have such a flowering tree in one's garden! Lucky you.

Kelly said...

...we're back in Cincy now, but I really enjoyed being in Indiana! ...very pretty flowers and love the duck couple!

sandy said...

Wow, those blossoms are gorgeous.