It is difficult to take photos of just one wildflower.....many are clustered together.
Here we have May-apples shading Spring Beauties and Violets.
Between the tree roots is some sort of Oxalis.....I can see the triple leaves....with Violets and ferns on the side. In another week or two I think there will be some big changes. I remember that oxalis from last year as well as a different type which I didn't see yet this year. I also couldn't find any Jack-in-the-Pulpits yet.
Henbit? Dead-Nettle of some sort? I'm never sure about this.
There were only a few Phlox so far. I love all types of Phlox.
Carpets of May-apple everywhere! Most of these appear to have just a single leaf and no flower. Is it an age difference that brings the double leaf and the flower in between? I have an old established bunch at my house that all have flowers.
There is always at least one May-apple leaf that tries to come through a dead oak leaf leaving it with a trapped "necklace". I set this one free after I took the photo :-)
These look like Trillium leaves.....but no flowers.
Here is one with the dark red flower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Great shots of all of those lovely wildflowers. I love the last photo with the butterfly!
Love seeing the green and little flowers - spring is definitely in your area!!!
Hi Mary, you have quite a few wildflowers in bloom. Maybe this rain we are having today will bring us some flowers. It's been very dry here all thru April.
Marnie
Gosh you are an ace with these flower names Mary. I would not have been able to name one of them. :)
Love all of the wild flowers, Mary. I wouldn't know the names of hardly any of them... Thanks for the education!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Spring has sure sprung in your neck of the woods! As for dandelions ... perhaps it would be better if we ate them ... they are supposed to be very good for one ... even the roots.
...love seeing all your wildflowers! We're not quite as far a long here, but close! Love the violets!
I simply cannot believe how far ahead of us your Spring is! Thank you for sharing what is yet to come for us.
I have no idea what the floaty thing is on my blog - can't recreate it. Glad you ignored it. I would have too.
The delicate beauty of woodland flowers is fantastic.Thanks for allowing me the joy of a walk with you.
Blessings,Ruth
Mary: A really nice grouping of wildflowers.
Hi Mary,
I'm trying to catch up on reading the blogs! You have some really good pictures posted here but the ones that blew me away are the Cedar Waxwing in the flowering tree!!! Oh, so beautiful! Great capture!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!
Thank you everyone! I'm behind again today.
Dorothy: Welcome back!
My goodness, you have so much to share. I'm SO waiting for wildflowers.
B.
A wonderful walk you took us on Mary, and so very educational. I loved learning about the different wildflowers and also loved all your photos. Thank you!!!
Those "Spring Beauties" certainly are Mary.
Thanks for taking us on your walk and bringing all those wildflowers to our attention.
Appears your wildflowers are about with the wildflowers in the Great Smoky Mtn National Park. I was there Monday looking at the same flowers. Still early for the May Apples. The red trillium is a real find, at least in the park they are lots more rare. You need to keep an eye on it. I also was looking for Morels, but never did see any. The Showing Orchids were just beginning to show their buds. I will be going back to try to capture them at the right time.
Very nice post!
Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra
Sometimes I'm slow finding these comments on older posts. Thank you all for commenting.
Leedra: I looked for morels but didn't see any. I used to find a few on our property.
Post a Comment