Last week we went to a wonderful art festival in New Harmony. There were artists all over the town with the easels set up painting the many beautiful scenes found in this quaint town.
Two ladies consulting over a painting....seen below.

A beautiful row of lilac bushes!
One of the many well-kept side gardens. In another month there will be gorgeous flowers everywhere and I will go back for more photos!
A lovely little house and garden.
The top of the roof of one of the more famous houses of the town.
This was a beautiful little church, but there was a car parked in front of the front door spoiling that view, but the side looks nice, too.
Lily of the Valley.
Another painting and the view that inspired it.
A tree peony. There is a flower farm on the outskirts of town that specializes in peonies of all types. It will be a few more weeks before they all bloom.
I thought this house was gorgeous and there was a lady sitting there doing a charcoal sketch of it. The temporary fencing rather spoils the view :-)
A corner of the house with tree and flowers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
The more I see of your spring and these lovely festivals, the more I wish I were there sharing in it Mary. It has started to get quite chilly here at night and to think we have at least another 5 months of it. Curse the thought!! :)
Everything looks so nice there. What a pretty little town.
Interesting houses Mary and the 'Oils' look good.
What a lovely spot to visit. My parents were recently there and recommended a visit. They really enjoyed the gardens and the varied architecture.
Joan: I always forget that your seasons are the opposite of ours. It's the prettiest time of year here.
Roy: The whole town is lovely and I've posted on it before. There were dozens of painters all set up and working away.
Kelly: You would love it. I've done other posts from New Harmony if you search my blog. This time of year the flowers there are so great! They have another similar fest in the late summer that we went to last year. You should drive on over! Cinninatti to here is only about 5 hours.
A neat spot to have Art in the Park. I always love going to those kind of events. We don't get them up here so much but when I lived at the coast ....
Thanks for an interesting view of this town and the artisans.
Blessings,Ruth
Hi Mary... What a gorgeous place New Harmony must be. I'm sure that was a wonderful place for someone to paint. Wow!!!! Love the little church and the Lily of the Valley.. I tried to grow Lily of the Valley--but it never came up..
It's hard to tell the paintings from the photos. Wow!!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy
What a great idea! And great fun to be able to chat to the artists as they paint and see it all coming along. I'm not aware of anything like that happening over here tho maybe it does somewhere! Looks like you had a fun day out.
Thanks for taking us on your visit to New Harmony. I was there many years ago, and your photos make me want to go back.
I love to visit places like this. Wonderful paintings too, and the flowers are beautiful..
Have a nice day.
B.
We've been in Indianapolis all day and I am tired, so I will just offer a collective "Thank you" to all who have commented. New Harmony is such a special place to visit and I will finish my visit there on Thursday. I'm behind in posting stuff again...sigh.
What a lovely little town - I don't think I've been there on any of my IN trips.
We were to New Harmony once a few years ago....I wouldn't mind visiting it again.
Mary: Some people are so talented in that way. I'm glad I can snap away.
I really enjoyed this series of shots. It had such an artists feel to it, like I was an artist looking for a place to set up my easel. I've always wanted to paint. I can see myself sitting out somewhere painting. The camera is as close as I've come to doing that.
A wonderful stroll with you, really enjoyed going along with you. Spring is so nice, and to see the artist out there taking advantage of it is good.
Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra
Post a Comment