There were so many amazing quilts!
Be sure to click on some of these to see the details.
This was my favorite quilt of the show. The details of the barns and everything else is just amazing.
This one is for Becky....train tracks
Each of these floral blocks is a lot of work and so colorful!
I put this one in for Tom at the Ohio Nature Blog....a Burr Oak tree.
One of several cats quilts. I love this huge cat!
This was fantastic....the light in the windows and the stone details...wow!
I think this was done with discharge and leaves on the fabric...whatever it is, it is gorgeous!
Beautiful colors.
For the dog lovers :-) She has a similar cat quilt that has been in a past show.
This was great! I love these elephants.
Geranium with fairy
This sort of thing always astounds me!
Hummingbird and flowers
These wildflowers were so delicate....click to see them larger.
I loved this! So beautiful!
Turtles! Cool!
Even in quilts you get reality sometimes...sigh
Spring in the woods
Woods and boy
This is only a small sample. The Paducah show continues through Saturday for anyone close enough to attend. Anyone that lives near Knoxville, TN or Des Moines, Iowa or Houston, TX.....there are major shows there later this year. I don't know anything about the shows up in the New England area or out west. Even local quilt shows have wonderful quilts.
This is only a small sample. The Paducah show continues through Saturday for anyone close enough to attend. Anyone that lives near Knoxville, TN or Des Moines, Iowa or Houston, TX.....there are major shows there later this year. I don't know anything about the shows up in the New England area or out west. Even local quilt shows have wonderful quilts.
Here is a link for the rest of the photos.
17 comments:
Thank you so much for posting these, some of them are truly amazing. The craft has really been taken to an art form.
There is no way I can decide which of these are more beautiful!! The talent these people show is astounding!! Thanks for sharing Mary. They are exceptional!!
These are such beautiful quilts! The barn and stone church ones are my favorite!!
Loved the barn...and I must say that is a horribly beautiful image of that old circle of life thing. The endless talent that went in to all these is just amazing. Did you enter one?
Mary: I call these true quilting art. These are so beautiful. It is hard to pick a favotrite but that Elephant one was outstanding.
Shelley: Those were two of my favorites, too.
Annie: LOL! I'm afraid that my quilts don't begin to reach the talent and technical level found in these. I wish!
There are many more I would love to show....I took 500 photos :-) If you like these, check out more at the link I provided.
These quilts are absolutely amazing. The talent of the creators is obvious, but I can't begin to imagine the amount of time these took to complete.
WOW what beauty, Mary. There were some talented people there for sure. I guess my fav is that whitish/creamy one with the tiny wildflowers... OH---that is fabulous. The one below is beautiful also. It almost looks like stained glass. I like the hummingbird one also... And the one with the floral blocks is pretty. Actually I like almost all of them!!!! ha
No other BIRD or any WATERFALL quilts this year?????
Hugs,
Betsy
OH I love the pup art Mary!! Morgan too!!
Love the floral quilts.I can't even imagine the amount of work involved.
Blessings,Ruth
Oh, my, those are beautiful...sure glad I don't have to pick a favorite.
Forgive me for not knowing. Do you quilt or just enjoy going to see them?
I have really enjoyed these 2 post. Can even begin to say how beautiful I think these quilts are.
Leedra’s Photos For FunLeedra’s Greeting CardsPhotography By Leedra
Thank you everyone! Glad there is something there each of you like...lots more if you prefer a different type of quilt.
Leedra: Both...Yes, I quilt, but not on this level of talent. This is the "big leagues" of quilters. I have a quilt blog where you can see things I have done. I really love going to quilt shows where you see the very best of quilts. There will be a major AQS show in your area...Knoxville....on July 22-25. It has been the Nashville show until this year. It's a great show and will have quilts as good as these. Unfortunately, now it is further away from me and I will probably not get to it this year.
People do such amazing quilts these days. Fantastic.
What can I say. How could you stand it? I'd want one of everything! They are absolutely beautiful! The detail on the train tracks, amazing! The colors are to die for!.
What wonderful talent!
B.
Cicero: They are amazing always.
Becky: I was trying to decide if that train one is partly painted and partly pieced and appliqued fabric. Unfortunately I forgot to buy a show booklet to get the details. Some of these are for sale....if there is a star on the tag. However, I hate to think what the prices might be!
These are wonderful! I wouldn't even be able to pick a favorite!
Post a Comment