....I RAN OUT OF BIRD PHOTOS!
NONE! NOT EVEN LEFT-OVERS.
So for today only (I hope) my blog is now the Bean, Salad and Bread blog :-)
Our daugther sent Mike food gifts for his birthday. One was a 13 bean mix for soup.
He cooked it in the crock pot with diced tomato, Chorizo sausage, and 2 bottles of AmberBock. I don't like bean soup......I know I'm weird....but Mike and our son said it was delicious.
Earlier I made a salad for lunch....avocado, broccoli, grape tomatoes, slivered almonds and Acini Di Pepe (had to look that up on the label...teeny tiny semolina pasta), with olive oil and salt and pepper.....pretty good! Especially with......
........ this bag mix of Irish Soda Bread that Mike got for his birthday.....very good!
Well....it was either this or one photo of 2 blackbirds in an empty field.
Hmmmm....surely I can do better tomorrow.
Well....it was either this or one photo of 2 blackbirds in an empty field.
Hmmmm....surely I can do better tomorrow.
20 comments:
OH NO!!! What a let down to all your fans out here!! Can we EVER forgive you??? Hmmmmmm, of course, we love you and dont mind at all, especially when you put all these lovely pics on which are making me hungry!! :) :)
Now I'm hungry, I need to go have breakfast.
You won't be out of photos for too long w/ May coming soon! Your salad looks delicious. I may have to borrow the recipie from you. ;o)
YUM!!! ...and fun. Looks great...now I'm starving as I haven't had breakfast yet!
O.K. I'm hungry now,especially since I haven't had breakfast yet.
Blessings,Ruth
Mary, That bean soup sounds so good. I love beans---and they are really good for us (fiber).. I try to eat them at least once or twice a week.
I've never heard of that sausage before. Tell me more about it...
Hugs,
Betsy
Ah, those no photo days happen! I've had a lot of them lately.
It's a good thing I had breakfasst before reading this. I have to agree with Mike and your son -- the bean soup looks delicious.
Mary: Your food looks really tasty, great salad.
If you come to Kent I guarantee 30 Black Squirrels in the first half hour of driving around.
Mary - I'm w/ you - I don't like bean soup. But I do like that salad you made! I'll be right over for lunch!! :-)
You are out of bird photos! How did that happen. I must still have 50 plus from ones over the last month, but with mine they all seem to be pretty much the same.
Loved seeing the food photos though.
Thanks for putting up with my food post :-) Well, I promise that I have made up for it today with several hundred photos.....birds and wildflowers....should give me posts for several days! Thanks for your comments.
Betsy: Chorizo is a Mexican sausage...flavorful and spicy, but not necessarily hot (according to my husband, but he likes hot stuff)
Shelley: Oh, good...I thought I must be the only person who doesn't like bean soup.
Delicious looking photos Mary, I've got a few pointers and ideas. Thanks for posting it.
Oh, no! What are the birdies thinking?! Tomorrow is another day.
Have you got any leftovers?
Mmmmm, this is making my mouth water!
Dear Mary,
I have enjoyed catching up with you. I was so far behind!
I love all your backyard birds. Spring has come to your gardens!
The Herons are my favorite.
So fantastic to see them nesting!
Thanks for all your posts. I know they take a lot sof time to do.
Happy Easter,
Sherry
I'm behind on Blogs. I was just too tired last night to read any of them, and I hate getting behind. I love bean soup, and any kind of salad. Yours looks yummy.
Not much interesting on the bird front here either. But at least you have lots of blooming everything to look at.
B.
Denise: Thanks!
Helen: I think our off and on weather is keeping the birds away...or they are busy nesting.
Rose: Yes, we do...come on down!
April: It was about the only meal I cooked all week and Mike cooked most of it.
Sherry: I enjoyed catching up some on your blog, too. Just too many good blogs out there to visit them all every day...darn!
Becky: Your spring is coming! Hang in there! I get behind, too and it is tiring to catch up. Sometimes I feel I spend half the day at the computer.
It's fun to mix it up! I love bean soup and that looks delish!
Post a Comment