You might get tired of seeing the same things, but I don't get tired of taking photos of them :-) Back at the wetlands on Tuesday....
...the large group of Mallards were back.
This one was watching the geese from the rail :-)
Oops....guess he didn't want me to watch him.
This group had found a nice place to sit, but it was right next to the boardwalk, so....
....a large group of them took off when I walked by.
A few turtles were out on the logs of the creek.
Yes....we have pollution in the wetlands, sadly to say.
Turtles wearing lots of green.
The Green Heron was still hanging around, but was back on the creek.
A squirrel! My squirrels at home have disappeared lately, so I enjoyed seeing one even from a distance.
One passion flower with a large bee.
Not a good photo, but I was getting ready to click on the one whose wing sticks up, when this other one jumped right in front of the camera! Sort of funny....usually the critters all want to fly away, rather than volunteer to pose for me :-)
Very pale looking Sulphur. I'm seeing fewer butterflies on my walks, and less variety.
A Viceroy in the woods.
The "butterfly party" is still going on.
My Sandpipers were still there.



Even though I see the same things on every walk, I enjoy all of them and rejoice in their beauty and differences.
I'm late posting this, because the tennis lasted so late last night, and I went to bed as soon as it ended....but Roger won another match! I'm hoping it will be him and Nadal in the final on Sunday.
9 comments:
love all your pictures. they're great. that passion flower is beautiful. i'd like to get more pictures of turtles on a log like yours. i've only one. isn't it great getting out to see nature? i never tire of seeing all it has to offer.
your bird pics below are cool too. glad you were able to steal a shot of the redstart. and, that cardinal looked much better than the other one. hope all is well. have a great day.
It may be the same sort of birds and butterflies,but they are as lovely today as yesterday.I keep on taking pictures of the same things too.
Blessings,Ruth
You don't need to apoligize for posting the things you see in the Wetlands. Many of us never get to see these sights! Well done!
Well I have to ask "the turtles what type Mary" ? I don't get to see these at all so you carry on :))Great shots it seems everybody in all country's throw their bottles away like this such a shame :(
Naquillity: It was sort of odd...just that one passion flower and none others around. We have 100's of turtles in the wetlands and in the sping and fall they do a lot of sunning on the logs.
Ruth: Yes...I'll take photos of whatever lovely thing God wants to provide for the day :-)
Dorothy: the wetlands are a wonderful place...I never try of them.
Philip: With so much green on them, I can't really ID the turtles, but there are usually lots of Red-Eared Sliders, Painted Turtles and sometimes Snapping Turtles. There is a huge population of turtles there as my early spring shots always show...when they are sunning on the logs.
One thing about going to the Wetlands, Mary... You see something different everytime you go.. Right???? So--it can't ever get boring... Love seeing all of the Mallards and butterflies....
Our squirrels have disappeared too right now... I'm sure they will be back though..ha
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Another super group of shots mary. I love the Green Herons. There is one here and I often see it.
I Haven't seen Turtles in a while now.
More great Butterflies too.
B.
Judging from your wonderful pictures, you had another wonderful visit to the wetlands.
Thanks for sharing your visit with us.
That butterfly party must have something fun going on for it to last so long! Rachel caught a viceroy when she was here last weekend...actually it crawled on to her hand..it was on its last legs.
When I see the birds and turtles all covered with the green algae/stuff it makes me think 'yuk!'
Post a Comment