I love migration time! Another warbler stopped by my house.
Hanging on a plant near the fountain
Apparently word of the "Bird Spa" has reached its ears and it came to have a drink and a bath.
I don't know for sure what it is. Bruce thinks a Wilson's first year and I agree that it looks like the photo! Anyone think otherwise?
A video of the warbler in the fountain.
I had a lot of bird activity today...the woodpeckers have suddenly shown up again and various other birds were busy at the feeders. Food must be getting more scarcer in the wild.
16 comments:
That house finch looks like it just took a bath :)) Great shots Mary sorry I can not help with the warbler
your bird pictures are always so fun to look at. you capture their vitality so well. it's refreshing. happy weekend~
I've never seen that first bird. He's certainly a handsome guy!
Hi Mary ...I think your right on the Wilson Warbler but sometimes they remind me of the Yellow winged Vireo!!
That waterfountain is worth a fortune in intertainment!!
Love the video and the background sounds.lol
We don't seem to be getting many migrants this year -- not in the spring either -- wry quiet. Just nuthatches and chickadees at the feeders and they are here year around.
Whatever it is Mary its a nice green colour and thats a great new header.
Those fall warblers are too much for me.I prefer the spring migration,at least they have the bright colors to go by.
Blessings,Ruth
Hi Mary, Congrats. We are both lucky with our Warblers... I don't know what yours is --since I don't know much about the Warblers... Hope you find out for sure --so that you can add it to your collection.
We have a few House Finches here--but not too many. We have 6 times as many Goldfinches as we do House Finches.
Have a great TENNIS weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Hi Mary, yep, looks like a Wilson's to me too. Cute small bill.
Cute little bird Mary. No migrations here yet that I have seen.
B.
Thank you one and all! 2 more days of tennis to watch :-)
It must be wonderful looking to see these migrating birds every year Mary. Something to look forward to and enjoy.
...he is sweet whatever he is! I'm hoping to get out this weekend to try and find a few migrants. You've got a nice little spa for the birds! They seem to really like it...
Congratulations on your new warbler. I now how exciting it is to get a new bird for the first time.
Mary, I loved that little video...makes me smile to watch it.
You spurred me to get out and look for warblers Mary...I have such a hard time IDing them but gotta try!!
Post a Comment