These photos pretty much empty my files of anything new. I get knee shots today, so hopefully I will be out and about and taking photos later!
I was surprised last Saturday to see a Painted Lady on the sedum. Must be a straggler heading south. I think the butterflies are pretty much gone now and will probably take the photos off my sidebar soon.
I even got a closed shot. She was a very cooperative "lady".
My other "happy, happy" bird....the Tufted Titmouse. I swear they always smile.
A rather "unusual" pose!
I think he might drop that one....he barely has it in his mouth.
I may have to trim back the vine on the dead dogwood, so it doesn't interfere with my photo taking. I wish the new dogwood (growing next to it) would get big enough to get rid of this "vine tree" and have a normal tree again, but the birds are happy with the dead tree as long as I keep the vine growing on it to give some hiding places.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
That cardinal is so beautiful. I always enjoy your birds.
The tufted titmouse is a cutie. We don't have them here.
What a pretty Painted Lady on the Sedum! You have some nice shots of the birds! The 'unusual pose' made me laugh out loud!!! Hope your knee will be better!!
Looking forward to new piccies XXX Don
Leanne: Thanks!
Cicero: Similar to the Chickadees, and here they hang around together.
Dorothy: Glad to make you laugh :-) I'm hoping the knee feels better, too. I'm tired of being inactive.
Don: I'll see what I can find!
I always enjoy seeing your bird pictures. The tufted titmouse is a favorite of ours as well.
Hi Mary ..Hope that knee is better!!
I love the Titmouse!! Cute little guys and quite the talkers!!
It is always nice to have the cardinals around especially in the winter when things are dull looking!!
Lovely series of photos Mary, you helped me identify the Painted Lady. I had taken a photo of one recently and wondered what it was, thank you. Hope your knees feel much better.
An English Girl Rambles
Ha Mary, That little Tufted was showing you his BEST?????? side.... Cute pictures --all of them.
It's late in the season --but we have had some baby Cardinals (fed by Daddy) at our feeders this week. I was surprised that they were still having babies this late....
Hope you knee shots help.
Hugs,
Betsy
I have to echo others and say I always love your garden birds Mary. I don't get the chance to photograph mine, as I don't have an overlooking window. Hope the injections do their job today!
these are wonderful pics, Mary. Roger and I were in the back yard with Sarah over here at Indy and Roger spotted a hawk up in one of her trees.
George: they are cute little birds and always smile at me.
Grammie G: I'm glad the Cardinals are getting their pretty winter feathers. They've been "ratty" this summer.
Denise: Glad I could help!
Betsy: I couldn't resist that odd shot :-) Some of our babies seem rather late, too, but I guess in the more southern zones it doesn't matter as much.
Jenny: My best window shots come from standing by the front door sightlights....not good for the knee! I have a stool sitting there but am too busy concentrating to use it most of the time.
Rose: How neat! I hope you got a photo?
What a great 'birds on the wires shot!" the shovelor is a favourite duck of mine. I only see them in the spring and then that is just some years. I envy you all of your duck views. Lovely pictures. Ann
Post a Comment