Friday, September 17, 2010
caterpillars.....
I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't know one caterpillar from another except for the Monarch! I just found a site that seems to have photos of the caterpillars of a lot of the butterflies that I normally see. Check it out: here for butterflies and here for moths. I'd sure like to see a lot of these! Some I have probably seen and didn't know what I was seeing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Mary, I don't know one from the other either--but I love to look at the caterpillars in early Fall to find out what our winter is going to be. If they have BLACK in the middle, then the middle of winter is going to be severe. IF they have black all over --it will be a hard winter. If they have black at one end or the other (or both), it will be mild in the middle of winter.... That's from my weather lore!!!!!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
Hmmm...maybe the position of the black just indicates what type of caterpillar they are :-) You can let me know how your predictions turn out.
I never have tried to identify caterpillars. I will leave it to you. :)
An Arkies Musings
Richies: I've never tried either, but now I am curious to know what all of my favorite butterflies look like as caterpillars. I seem to mainly see moth caterpillars!
Thanks for these great links Mary.
Post a Comment