This is a hodge-podge of left overs from last week, since I haven't got anything new.
Yellow caterpillar
We saw three different caterpillars at the wetlands last time, and I think they are all for moths.
At home, I had a Gray Hairstreak spend two days on my Sedum, so I continue my quest for better photos.
It really isn't very interesting inside after all that waiting.
One of the "black and white kitties" that come at night looking for left-over seeds. While Mike tried to keep our three cats from dashing out to play with it, I quickly opened the door and got a shot of one of our visiting skunks. There is a smaller darker one that always runs away. This one has a lot of beautiful white fur with just a tiny bit of black down the middle of the back. I guess I should feel lucky to see a live skunk, since most of the ones I see are dead on the road somewhere. They are beautiful animals if they just didn't have that little "odor" problem.
5 comments:
Hi Mary ...We have a caterpillar here that if he gets on you, you will itch like crazy so watch out playing with those guys!! ; }
So what have you named your new kitties!! I think Stinker and Squirt would make nice names!! : }
You did good getting a picture of the little stinker,and watch out playing around with him too!!
Nice pictures of the Grey Hairstreak. He is a beauty!!
Hi Mary, do you read Susie's blog (Diggin' in the Dirt)? WELL--they accidentally got a skunk caught all night in their garage. He got scared and sprayed everything in the garage. Can you just imagine the mess??? Yuk...
Great picture of the Gray Hairstreak... Not sure I have seen that one... BUT--there are gazillions of butterflies I haven't seen or recognized...
Have a great day... Hotter than hot here this week. Geessshhhh.
Hugs,
Betsy
Those Hairstreak shots are perfect Mary.
Hi Mary, have to agree with Roy. Great photos of the Hairstreak. Hairstreaks don't often seem to open up their wings, so you must've been doing something right with this guy! (-:
We have a similar "kitties" that comes to check the area below our feeders. But we've gotten a picture of the 'normal' one, but not the mostly white one.
I also think you got marvelous pictures of the Gray Hairstreak.
Post a Comment