This is not a Chickadee. This is a Summer Tanager.
I have never seen one of these before and it is the only decent photo I got, so I am putting it in this post with my Chickadees. Thank you, Bruce....one of the experts I consult when I have a bird I've never seen before!
"Hmmmm....I don't think she's my type."
"This one looks a bit strange, too.....very quiet."
"What is in here??.....nothing that looks good."
I love the perky little Chickadees and would miss them greatly if they ever went away! They like the wire feeder just like the Nuthatches, only they prefer to choose their seeds from a right side up position :-)
They are in and out so fast, sometimes I barely get the focus and they are gone.
I have never found a satisfactory answer to that question! Acording to all the maps in the books, mine should be Carolina Chickadees. I have always felt they were Black-Capped, but am probably wrong. They are fairly large and have long tails and their voice is not fast. Maybe I have both. All I know is that they say "Chickadee...dee...dee....dee" and are very cute.
13 comments:
Chickadees have such an indomitable spirit. They remain one of my favorites ... good thing as they are here year around ... even in the most bitter of cold days.
Cicero: They are year round here, too and I am happy to feed them :-)
Great snaps I would smile if he visited me.
These are one of my favorites too, and now that the weather has changed, they are back in full force.
About those apples. I only eat them. They are small and somehow the taste doesn't appeal to me other than eating. I might save some for the deer.
B.
Hi Mary..I don't care which one they are I just love the guys!! : }
They sure let you know when the feeder is empty,the do all but knock on the door to tell you too!!
Roy has a Marsh Tit post and they look like or Chickadee I can't tell the difference; maybe its size!!
Cute pictures,got to go feed the little guy!!
I like chickadees, too...they don't bring quite a big a smile as a wren but almost.
...the chickadees are my favorite. They are so happy all year long. In the dead of winter, they bring cheer so I'm always thankful when they're around. Your photos in the previous post made me laugh. Soooo cute!!!
Mary: They are a beautiful little bird.
They always seem so perky and active I think. Do you have a way of recording their song sometime Mary? That might help experts to tell you which one's you're getting.
We enjoy watching the chickadees at our feeders as well. They are a very happy bird to have around.
Chickadees do have a way of brightening the day.
Blessings,Ruth
Hello, everyone! Glad you liked my little friend :-) Thanks for the nice comments!
Love your birdie photos, Mary.. I love watching the little Chickadees, the Tufted Titmice, and the Nuthatches... They are always with us and so much fun to watch.
I saw a couple of Grosbeaks here today... They pass through here in the Spring and Fall.... I enjoy seeing them.
Have a great week.
Betsy
Post a Comment