There is still quite a bit of color and flowers at the wetlands.
yellow, pink, white.......
The boardwalk area was taken over by geese and ducks again, but most were in the water, so we decided to cross.
Goose....goose....goose....goose.....duck
This gang wanted to sit on the boardwalk.
It is interesting to see them begin to get their adult colors. The males and females are already obvious.
A proud male.....just think how handsome he will be when his head is green and the chest color gets darker!
I let Mike walk in front of me, so they would take off and I could try to catch them :-)
"Bombs away!"
This group decided to walk away...except the goose. It just sat there! Look how close Mike is.
I couldn't tell what was wrong....but it didn't want to move.
Finally it stood....on just one leg. It wouldn't put the other one down. We felt badly for disturbing it and didn't want to make it hop into the water, so we turned around and went back the way we came. There is another path through the meadow to where we were going. I hope it isn't too injured to survive. I kept wondering how it takes off and if it can fly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Good Morning, Mary! Wow! you got some good pictures!! Enjoyed seeing these!!! Happy Saturday!
Good Morning Mary. They didn't seem afraid of you much at all, did they??? That poor goose. Hope he is okay..
You did get some great pictures on the boardwalk... Love the ones in flight also--although they didn't seem to want to leave even if you were there.
Hugs,
Betsy
One year when the snow geese were migrating through our area one goose stayed behind for the whole winter. We never could get that close but I assumed that it was injured. We would travel to the lake just to see of the snow goose was still there.
An Arkies Musings
Hi Mary..Funny post with those ducks and geese especially the "bombs away" shot!! ; }
So many beautiful geese. I do hope the goose with the injured leg will be fit again before migration starts.
Our one young domestic goose has begun to lay and what a treat the eggs are!
It is interesting to see the varying stages of color on the Mallards.
Blessings,Ruth
Poor thing. I hope it will be okay. I expect their migration will start soon too.
Just LOVE the caterpillar Mary!! :)
i hope the goose with the bad leg will be alright. it's sad to see it injured. love the colors that are forming on the geese. that one surely will be handsome.
glad you were able to catch a new butterfly: red banded hairstreak. it's always exciting to see something elusive. i wish i could see some caterpillars in the wild like this. great shots.
love the pic of the goldfinch who discovered the spa. it brought a smile to my face. love those woodpecker pics too. and Hopey is a beautiful cat. can't believe he lucked out of getting sprayed though. i'd say another few minutes and the story would have ended differently.
great buckeye shots. they seemto be having a nice time feasting on that flower. gorgeous cypress trees.
those tree frogs are so cute. they look rather rested there. i've never been able to see a green heron only the blue ones. and still i haven't been able to catch a great shot of one, sigh.
love those turtles stretched across that log too.
hope you've had a great weekend.
Sorry for lack of comments recently Mary, have beeon on blogging 'walkabout'! I too hope that Canada gets better, apart from the foot, it seems in pretty good conditions, so here's hoping! Love the new fluffy header! (-:
I really hope it's fine too !! great shots Mary looks like they are quite tame :)
Thank you everyone for all the nice comments. The Canada geese will problaby stay in our area all winter. We usually have them year round and the Mallards, too. I'll keep my eye out for that injured one when I go back to the wetlands.
Post a Comment