Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not much......tennis time again :-)

It's the US Tennis Open time.....so don't expect a lot from me for a while. I may get out to take photos somewhere......or I may just sit and watch tennis on TV! I found this Monarch caterpillar on a broken leaf on my "vine tree" out front. I took photos and then put the leaf back on top of another larger leaf. Will check tomorrow and see if it is still around. I hope it makes a chrysalis somewhere and I get to watch. I'm enjoying watching Becky's at Woodynook Creations! Go there if you want to watch a day by day event!
Mike took this shot last Thursday....and never downloaded the photos. I liked this one.

He took this one, too.

12 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I always know when you disappear that it is tennis time again. :) Enjoy yourself.

I like the one Mike too too Mary. Please tell him he might enjoy the other old cars I have on Saturday and it might encourage you to let him have one of those hotrods he wants. LOL!!

Kerri Farley said...

Mary, these are fabulous! I saw my first Monarch caterpillar over the weekend. Mike did a GREAT job too!

Rose said...

The kids and I always watched for the Monarch chrysalis...I have kind of looked for one a time or two, but not had any luck. I went back to where we seen all the caterpillars and no luck there, even.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures, Mary...

Enjoy your tennis. I used to watch it when the USA had great players. I always loved Jimmy Conners. Loved Chris Everett also.

Hugs,
Betsy

The Birdlady said...

Hi Mary - Very nice photos - Enjoy your tennis.

Jenny said...

Yes, have fun watching the tennis Mary. I love the colours in all of these photos, but my favourite is the Sunflower one. Is that in your garden? Lovely!

Richard Lawry said...

I always love your photos, but today's are extra special.

An Arkies Musings

Becky said...

Thanks Mary. It did emerge today, and I've posted pictures to go on at midnight.
Great job Mike. You guys are so lucky to have Butterflies this year. We didn't have very many. Even my Butterfly bush couldn't lure them in.
B.

George said...

While I hope you enjoy the tennis I also hope you will get out to take more great pictures like these.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I hope you do get to watch the transformation from worm to butterfly,it is amazing.Hope your favorite player does well in tennis.
Blessings,Ruth

abb said...

To HECK with the flowers and bugs!
Next year, come out to CT and stay with us. You can take Metro North directly to the US Open! Would love love LOVE to have you stay here with us! (And please don't judge me if I don't go to the tennis matches with you!) BUT, you are truly welcome to stay with us! It would be such fun!

abb said...

P.S. I really love exclamation marks. Apparently.