Sunday, September 20, 2009

Non-Squirrel Sunday........

No squirrels this week.....I've been busy with quilts.
This weekend was the Raintree Quilt Guild's quilt show for 2009. We had over 200 beautiful quilts hanging of all sizes and types. I'm showing a few today. I had 3 quilts and a vest in the show. This is the bed quilt I made last year out of batik fabrics.
A lap quilt I made in a class. There were 4 others just like it in different fabrics in the show. It was a fun class.

I love this little Rain Forest quilt of Mary Jane's. She is going to use it in her classroom.


A beautiful double 9-patch

All of the bed quilts were outstanding and such a variety!

A smaller quilt that I liked.

A beautiful appliqued quilt.
This Hawaiian style quilt is gorgeous....and so much work!

The same woman made this adorable paperdoll quilt for her granddaughter!

A beautiful scrappy star quilt. Love the color choice.

Some Canada geese.....sorry about the ladder...we were still setting up.

Bear Paw blocks...shadowed on a log cabin.

Karen Hampton did these fantastic wall hangings for her daughter's wedding. They are rolled at the bottom. Must look amazing hanging in her church! She is a real artist.

Karen also did this very realistic fall barn scene. Wonderful!
This Celtic bed quilt if much prettier than the colors look in this photo. The light wasn't the best.

An artistic tumbling block quilt
Some small hangings....both arty and traditional. Love the "Chicken bone dance"....taken from a baby photo of the quilter who made it :-)
A beautiful Sudoku quilt. Anyone who loves working sudoku puzzles would love one of these quilts :-) I like how the quilter framed this one and quilted the numbers in the squares.

12 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

How can you have a non-squirrel Sunday Mary? You know how much I look forward every week to seeing what they are up to. LOL!!

WOW!! There are so many beautiful quilts here I dont know which I like best. I started off with the Rain Forest one, then saw the Goose one then the Bear Paw. Outstanding work here. Some of the others are just as nice so it is hard to choose a favorite.

Dorothy said...

Oh Wow! Mary, these are wonderful!!
I've never seen so many beautiful quilts. It would be hard to pick out a favorite. All of them are outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful works! Make me want start quilting too =) My favorite is the Rain Forest - the frog and iguana and birds look so cute!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

WOW! This represents hours of work.The detail is amazing.
Blessings,Ruth

Eve said...

The quilts are always so beautiful!

George said...

Even a man can appreciate the beauty (and the creativity and hard work it took to create them) of these quilts. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Kelly said...

Wow! That's a lot of quilts, and they are amazing as well!

Mary said...

Thanks! It was a great show. We have some very talented ladies in our guild. Having been involved with quilts all weekend, I have nothing to post tomorrow!

Becky said...

All that talent just blows me away! Such gorgeous work. I love loking at them and drooling!
B.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Mary, they are all so gorgeous... Yours is so pretty. Love your colors--especially that first picture.

Love the Appliqued one, the Bear Paws one and the barn one the best... BUT--they are all GREAT.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Such amazing and painstaking work Mary.

Rose said...

That quilt show sure had some beautiful quilts!