I just love Kestrels! So perfect how this one posed on the signs for you, especially the hunting one. I once came across a family of deer. They waited patiently by the Deer Crossing sign at an intersection, and crossed properly with the traffic light giving them the right of way. Too cool when life happens like that! Great post. :-)
Hahaha....that kestrel is soooo cute!! I love their little faces. Love your little flock of Horned Larks in the next post. We have a flock that visits a field next to our office in winter...they are so colorful against the white snow.
It looks like a really neat place for a walk. I like the fall colors of the grasses. I'ts been yucky for the past 2 days here. The promise of sunshine for tomorrow though. B.
Thanks everyone....the Kestrel was very cooperative and landed on one sign and after I took too many photos he moved to the other sign. I'm sure he was getting exasperated with that "camera woman" who wouldn't go away :-)
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
18 comments:
I just love Kestrels! So perfect how this one posed on the signs for you, especially the hunting one. I once came across a family of deer. They waited patiently by the Deer Crossing sign at an intersection, and crossed properly with the traffic light giving them the right of way. Too cool when life happens like that! Great post. :-)
Country Dreaming: That's funny about the deer! Did you get a photo? I just thought this little kestrel was cute on the signs and so willing to pose.
That is worth a prize!!!!
Cute post, Mary! Love your birds!
LOL!! I hope he was taking notice Mary. :)
Right time, right place - how wonderful and funny Mary. A x
Great pictures (and captions) of the birds on the signs.
These are amazing and funny.You had the camera ready at just the right time.
Blessings,Ruth
More great shots Mary. How did you get him to sit on both signs, or is it 2 different birds?
B.
Cute post, Mary.... I love seeing that little birds on those signs----sitting there like they are king of the world!!!!! CUTE!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
Hahaha....that kestrel is soooo cute!! I love their little faces. Love your little flock of Horned Larks in the next post. We have a flock that visits a field next to our office in winter...they are so colorful against the white snow.
It looks like a really neat place for a walk. I like the fall colors of the grasses.
I'ts been yucky for the past 2 days here. The promise of sunshine for tomorrow though.
B.
glad you shared - I've never seen a kestrel (that I'm aware of). Neat shots.
Thanks everyone....the Kestrel was very cooperative and landed on one sign and after I took too many photos he moved to the other sign. I'm sure he was getting exasperated with that "camera woman" who wouldn't go away :-)
Mary: Wonderfully shown.
TOO CUTE Mary!!
Those kestrels can fly pretty fast ... I do hope he was keeping an eye on his speedometer!
I love some of your captures...these are priceless.
Post a Comment