Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wetlands wandering....

We did get to the wetlands today so I will divide the photos up to post for the next few days while I'm busy. This little diving duck was pretty far away, but I think it is a Pied-Billed Grebe.
All by itself.....diving constantly....rides low in the water.

Every time I see a Great Blue Heron now, I wonder if it is one from the Heron rookery.

Photo shy....... didn't stick around too long.

The geese looked so clean today. There are lots of little white feathers all over the water surface, so I would say they are about done molting. All grown up now.

Back on the creek, we saw little tiny frogs. So little!
A few turtles out on the logs.

A small blue butterfly.....can barely see it hiding in the grass.
Lots of the purple asters in the meadow.
A happy bee enjoying one of them.

9 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I especially love the last one Mary and those ducks seem kind of snoozy don't they?

Eve said...

Lovely Mary. Love the last shot of the bee!

Dorothy said...

Wonderfull pictures. I love the bee on the flower!

Anonymous said...

what is the grebe swimming in Mary?
looks like the grease that clogs up my drain from the dishwasher

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh --how I love seeing the wetlands, Mary. The wildlife there really have it made, don't they???? Great pictures.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jenny said...

I love your visits to this wetland area Mary. It's so full of interesting wildlife! Like everyone else, I love that bee and aster photo.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone!

Life in Egypt: It is just water and duckweed type vegetation, but the sunlight was shining on it and making it look weird.

George said...

You've got a great eye to catch that blue butterfly. I really like the bee in the flower.

abb said...

THAT'S what they are! Purple asters! I see them around here and can NEVER remember their name. As always, your photos are such a pleasure to look at.
Not been around much and I'm sorry (for me) for that. First of the year school catch-up is just a LOAD of paper/computer work. Hopefully life is coming back to normal.
Lovely to be able to stop by, Mary.