Friday, September 25, 2009

Sky and water.....SkyWatch Friday

It's SkyWatch Friday! The only pretty sky we've had this week was last Monday when we went to the Blue Grass stripper pit lake area. Sky and water, clouds and lily pads
Little island in the clouds






A dragonfly finds an island to land on

We saw three ducks. I'm not sure what they are. I can see a little hint of blue under one wing, but they didn't look like Mallards...unless they are young? Teals?
Very scruffy looking about the head. You can see the little blue touch here if you enlarge the photo.
They swam off to hide in the lotus pads under the trees....can you find them?
For more SkyWatch shots from all over the world, click on the icon on my sidebar.
What was in your sky this week??
Join in the fun!

19 comments:

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

What perfect reflections Mary. I like the one with the waterdrop on the leaf too.

Eve said...

I love the pads Mary! Yes the reflection is really great!

Jenn Jilks said...

Interesting!
They look a bit frowsy!

But the reflections are amazing!!!!!

Don Wood said...

nice piccies Mary

Katney said...

I love reflected skies.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Love these pictures.The sky reflections are superb and the Lily Pads,oh my goodness.Gorgeous!
Blessings,Ruth

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Mary: Your water captures made me smile.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Ha-- at first, Mary, I wondered what those green round things were in the SKY..... Flying saucers????? ha ha ha

I do love the sky/water/water lily pictures... GREAT...
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

Just great! I always like reflections in a lake!! These are beautiful!!!

George said...

The reflections on the lake are absolutely gorgeous. I'm sorry I can't help you identify the ducks.

Carol said...

Great photos, Mary...beautiful reflections...and I just love those lily pads...

Kim said...

Wonderful shots you share today. It seems so peaceful there and I bet you had a grand time.

Your blog title names three of my fave things in life, and somehow I knew if I went back a bit in your archives I'd not only find beautiful nature shots (LOVE your birds!) but some quilts. Got to see a whole quilt show without leaving my desk chair! Very fun for me.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your very kind comment. Blessings,
-Kim

VioletSky said...

Beautiful reflections. It's good to have to stop and look at a photo to see which way is up!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo series here! The reflections are marvelous ... the lily pads, dragonflies and ducks absolutely delightful!
Hugs and blessings,

Cicero Sings said...

You got some great shots here Mary! Those Lotus pads are quite something and those pictures of the reflected clouds ... nice.

I found it hard to come up with 5 words ... harder than I thought anyway ... but here you go:

Mother(ing), Apron, House, Season(s), Bravery

Becky said...

Perfect choice for SWF Mary. I love reflections.
Love the Lilly pads too.
Have a wonderful week-end.
B.

Carletta said...

These are excellent!
I can hardly take my eyes off of the reflections. I do believe you could flip them around - awesome!

BTW - yes, he river in my post was the Ohio. I took it from a site on a nearby hill that once held a fort that protected the area.

Rose said...

I LOVE lily pads! Wish we had them here in Southern California.

Creative Cards said...

Ahhhh Mary..fabulous post. I love, love, and love the first three shots of the refections of the clouds in the water so dynamic breathtaking. Wonderful post