Sunday, August 1, 2010

Squirrel Sunday.....Spiderman wannabe squirrel

I guess if you are a squirrel and live in the heart of downtown Louisville, KY...........you don't climb trees, you climb walls!
There were two of these squirrels climbing around on the walls in this alley. I think they had been "dumpster diving".

Up, down or sideways....makes no difference to "Spiderman Squirrel"!

I tried to see where they went, but once they got up to a ledge they disappeared from view.

Around the corners.
Freedom!
(I bet "Star" would have trouble surviving in the urban jungle!)

9 comments:

tony nile life said...

All things new Mary these are velcro squirrels. just like I have velcro geco's

Dorothy said...

It's pretty neat how they can cling to anything. You got some good pictures of Spiderman Squirrel. I think he may be just showing out for you! Maybe he's wanting to be the next Star!

Rose said...

It does not look like a fun place for a squirrel, does it? I wonder what he eats.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well---I guess a squrrel's gotta do what a squirrel's gotta do--don't you guess???? If no trees are around, they just have to make DO....

Great pictures, Mary.
Hugs,
Betsy

grammie g said...

Mary that is so funny!! Never saw such a thing....but I have now!!
Star has a easy life...I hope he knows that!! ; }

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! I was pretty surprised to see the squirrels and wondered if there were very many of them making their home in the city.

Anonymous said...

Those are funny pics. And yeah I agree Star would have trouble. I think Star is a bit chunky for Spider-Squirrel activities. ;)

Splendid Little Stars said...

That looks hilarious!

George said...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there are urban squirrels. They certainly don't let much that we can think up stop them from getting what they want!