Thursday, April 22, 2010

Paducah Quilt Show teaser.....

I've been gone all day at the Paducah Quilt Show...wow! I don't have time to go through all of my 500+ photos now and do anything with them. I'm tired and I have to go somewhere tonight, so I will post more of these when I have time. It was a fantastic show! Click on the photos to see them closer in more detail.This gorgeous butterfly quilt deserved its ribbon!
I was fascinated by this one and the work on the flowers. Tried to take close-ups but not all good. It is hard in the huge crowds of people to take the kinds of photos I really want to take. It is a very hit-and-miss sort of thing to do. Especially when you are only there for one day and can't go back and redo the ones you want better photos of...sigh.
Very cool turtle quilt!
The artistry and talent of these quilters always amazes me!
If you live near Paducah, KY the show lasts through Saturday!

14 comments:

grammie g said...

Now that is patience to core!! They are just amazingly beautiful!!

Katney said...

drool!!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Amazing work.Some people are very talented.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Wow! Fantastic work. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see more. :)

abb said...

Greetings from MO!

Wow! The three are just gorgeous - and there's no way you can compare them as they're all so very different. That first on, tho...

CountryDreaming said...

What amazing talent in the realm of fabric here! My favorite is the one with sunflowers and Queen Anne's Lace. :-)

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

These are again stunning Mary. I cannot make up my mind if I like the 2nd or 3rd one more.

Anonymous said...

Incredible works of art Mary. Did you put a quilt in the show?

Dorothy said...

Gorgeous quilts, Mary!!! Almost makes me want to get into quilting!

Becky said...

OK, I'll take one of each! I bet you had a wonderful time. I love the butterfly one the best!
B.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone! Before anyone else asks....No, I did not have a quilt there. Only in my dreams will I ever be the sort of quilter that makes quilts this wonderful! You have to be REALLY good to get a quilt in the Paducah show.

Brenda said...

I love all of them. Especially the butterfly one.

Mary said...

Brenda: Yes, the butterflies were really special!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful Mary.... I know that you had a wonderful time at the Quilt Festival... My fav of these three is the first one... I love butterflies!!!
Hugs,
Betsy