After the quilt show on Thursday, we came home through Illinois so we could stop at Ft. Massac and Metropolis. I will post a few photos from there eventually.
We were standing behind the fort watching the barge traffic and the bridge across the Ohio River in the distance.....
....when we saw a Great Blue Heron flying over the water. He swooped down and came up with this fish and began to fly to shore with it.
Landing on the beach.
I think this must have been a fish that was already dead because it didn't seem to be putting up any sort of fight.
The heron didn't seem to know what to do with it once he had it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
...great series! I've never seen a heron do that!
These are amazing photos.I like the one of him flying in with the fish.
Blessings,Ruth
Nice set of photo's---The 3rd photo from the bottom he looks like He is think---I really didn't have that fish I am far to distinguished to do that!!!:>
I guess it wasn't alive. Smart Blue.
What great photos! Wish I could get photos this up close and personal. Well done!
Mary: You were in a perfect place to capture this bird. What a wonderful story.
Hi Mary, Love seeing your pictures of the Great Blue Heron...Cute story... Guess the fish wasn't quite the correct one for him!!!!! He's picky--like I am!!! ha
Hugs,
Betsy
I don't see the herons so often now since I am not commuting along the Yakima River any more. I miss them.
Post a Comment