Wednesday, April 7, 2010

"Any day now...."

As I walked around the house with my camera, the phrase that kept running through my mind was, "Any day now..."The pink crab apple covered in buds.....any day now!
The white crab apple.....any day now!

The double flowering pink cherry......won't be long! (just thought I'd see if you were really reading this :-) Hard to believe these dark pink buds will be the pale pink fluffy flowers they turn into and later rain down pink "snow" all over the yard.

The dogwood tree....any day now!
The lilacs....can't wait! Any day now!
Soon all of these maple "helicopters", as we always called them, will be twirling down and planting a million little maple trees in my yard.
The Quince is always one of the very first bushes to bloom. We had a quince bush when I was growing up and I liked it so much, that I made sure to buy one for our house here. They have nasty thorns on them, but what beautiful flowers!

Chickadee check for the day: Bursting out of the hole!

Singing in the tree.
I saw this large Carpenter Bee going in the hole....that can't be good!

I know these are "weeds", but I always think they are beautiful little purple wildflowers :-)
Henbit, I believe. My yard is ankle deep in clover and henbit and violets and "weeds". I need some of my sister's bunny rabbits! We haven't gotten the lawn tractor started yet.... so it will only get worse.
Another close up of the Henbit.
Didn't know the name of this one that also springs up all over my yard. Did some looking and came up with Kidney Leaf Buttercup? I always called them "little star flowers".

12 comments:

Tony nile life said...

You need to get that man of yours to work.
been looking through his blog . as I too have A fascination for old mechanized things,if he can keep his 72 Datsun 240Z. running whasup with the lawn mower maybe the plug deeds a de-coke, give him a lead pencil to clean the area for the spark and he will get a good connection fire first time. that's if he has remembered to put gas in the tank,. you may need to get a few of our farm lads with there hand knives to cut it for you. no such thing as mechanical hay cutters here, not even for the corn or sugar crops.
do you think he he is also saying any day now?

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

The whole place is going to be bursting with buds and make a wonderful show Mary!!

Mary said...

Tony: Believe me, he is trying! Yesterday was not a good day for mechanical things. Besides the tractor, his car broke and our son's car broke! What a day.

Joan: I'm looking forward to it!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Any day now,and I can't wait to see the results.Have a beautiful day.
Blessings,Ruth

Dorothy said...

Yes, any day now your are going to be covered up in blooms!!! After that miserable winter, this is just great!!! I hope that all the freezing temps are gone for now.

grammie g said...

The budding tree's are so nice!! The air must be full of the smell from those tree's!! I have a quince also,but the buds on mine a real tight!! So you have a taker for your gourd!!Congrat's

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Mary, It won't be too long until everything will be open and gorgeous in and around your yard, Mary.. Can't wait to see all of the pictures once everything is totally opened. We're all in bloom here... SO pretty!!!

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Judy said...

Sometimes those weeds can be quite beautiful. Wonderful photos!

Katney said...

You have a lot more spring than we do, though the orchards are showing blossoms and there is local asparagus in the markets, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Becky said...

Love, love your early buds. I can't wait.Such beautiful colors!
Lets hope that bee doesn't cause any trouble.
B.

Anonymous said...

Looks like its any day now Mary.{:)

Eve said...

I think I'm late on the any day now! I'm thinking they must all be in bloom. How beautiful Mary...reminds me of here!