Being Sunday, I took hubby along with me to the wetlands, and sure enough..."Chief Eagle Eyes" spotted something I didn't!!! .........
..........a frog! He blended right in with his surroundings, but I guess that is no excuse for not seeing him. First frog that I've seen at the wetlands, but I'm sure there are plenty there.
Another first.....Cedar Waxwings up high in one tree. We saw 5 of them, but this is the best shot I could get with my limited lens and some cropping when I got home.
The honeysuckle smelled wonderful!
A very lonely looking Mallard.....sitting on the boardwalk all by himself.
I tried for a couple of butterfly shots, but they flit around so much, I didn't do very well. One white one.....
Back home I watched the suet feeders for a while and there was a "suet war" going on! It started with a baby downy and it's parent trying to enjoy some suet. Then suddenly .....4......white breasted nuthatches showed up and started chasing the downys! I wondered if they were young ones.....very persistent and their beaks look so pale colored compared to what I normally see. Then a couple wrens showed up wanting suet, too! I actually have about 4 different suet cakes, but they all wanted the same one!
16 comments:
Wow! What a day! Fantastic! I like the little frog. So cute! Congratulations on the Waxwings. I swear they are becoming more and more common around here. They're so pretty, but they don't cooperate for picture taking. They like to stay high in the treetops.
All wonderful pictures, Mary. I love how many visitors you have at your feeders, too.
Sandpiper: Thanks! I thought the frog was really cute, but wouldn't have even seen it without my husband along. I liked the Waxwings and wish they came to my house.....need something to attract them.
Pretty soon hubby is going to be starting his own blog! Ha, ha. My own is happy for me to do the blogging ... and the picture taking. Glad you had such a lovely day.
Cicero: I think as long as I give him credit for his great eye-sight, he'll leave the blogging to me :-) If he started one, it would probably be about cars.
Love your frog. And the upside-down goldfinches are grand!
Thanks Annie!
Great birds! and froggy!
Lovely lot of images Mary, great shot of the Frog.
Birdlady and Roy: Thanks! Froggy was definitely cute.
Pretty, pretty pictures of all the babies. I haven't had any yet at my feeders. I'd like to blame it on the cold weather, and maybe the eggs haven't hatched yet. I have so many Chipping Sparrows, and I'm wondering where did they all come from?
That is a cute frog...I wonder if he is a prince in disguise? LOL!! I love the smell of honeysuckle and always plant some in my garden. Butterflies are not that easy to take pictures of. I found the best way is to stand where I think they are going to land, set the focus and wait for them to come around. It take a lot of patience. LOL!!
Becky: I'm sure they will show up eventually. I'm a lot further south from you. I love chipping sparrows and only have 2-3. They are such a patient little bird.
Saphotographs: Well...I sure wasn't going to kiss it and find out :-) I've already got a prince. I can't imagine planting honeysuckle! This type is an invasive vine that chokes everything! I don't think I have enough patience for buterflies, but will keep trying.
You see some wonderful wildlife! My mom and I love your pictures.
--JB
JB: Thank you! My own cats don't appreciate me at all....except when I have can of food in hand.
I can NEVER see enough frog photos! Loved it.
Sandy: I never see frogs usually....just hear them splash out of sight.
Post a Comment