Thursday, June 26, 2008

Old harvest, new beginnings.....

I'm getting behind again.....these are from last weekendThe goldfinch was posing on the hook for me when I headed outside.

I realized last Saturday, that the wheat crop next door had been harvested so I headed down to take some pictures. I had to pass these Yucca in the neighbor's yard before I got to the wheat field.....


.....the Yucca is such a creamy white flower. I never think it looks like it belongs in Indiana, but people grow them anyway.

Next door, the winter wheat is indeed all gone!

All that remains

But while walking down the road, I saw all sorts of young crops coming on......young walnuts...

.....wild blackberries......

......a young bunny (how did he get in this crop essay?).....

......and young apples.
I need to get out and take some corn pictures. A lot of corn has been delayed by our wet spring. Some will be "knee high by the 4th of July" or even shoulder high, and some will barely reach the ankle. We saw a real mixture on the way to New Harmony on Saturday.

5 comments:

me ann my camera said...

Your yellow?, Brown-eyed Susan? Sneezeweed? or Coneflowers? Your wildflowers are lovely.

And Mary, you take pictures out of restaurant windows too? I have a favourite garage/convience store when I most always find moths clinging to the sides of the building. Your camera, never leave home without it!

Mary said...

Ann: I was thinking coneflower on the yellow, but just wasn't sure. That bug on the window kept staring at me while I was eating some ice cream, so finally I went outside and photographed it. I got some really weird stares from people.

The Birdlady said...

What a nice post! Poor little cardinal - she has big-time mite problems, doesn't she?

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Oh My Goodnes!!! Mary, you are getting SO good at this. Those pics of the Eastern Amberwing are terrific!!! Well done!! I love the others too!! I am also posting something every day now as I have so much, I don't think I will ever get to the point where I am up to date. LOL!!

Eve said...

Thanks for the great trip through the crops Mary! You've been busy! I have a Yucca, got it last year from a friend so it is small and has no flowers yet...but I think it will be worth the wait!
Have a great day!