This round barn is near Washington, Indiana
It looked great against the blue sky and clouds
Many people photograph or paint this barn.....a popular landmark.
The top
I liked this storefront in Washington, too. Anything looked great with this sky!
(I am heading off on a "mystery quilt bus trip" at 6:30 AM Saturday and be gone all day, so I will probably not post until late in the day, if at all.)
(I am heading off on a "mystery quilt bus trip" at 6:30 AM Saturday and be gone all day, so I will probably not post until late in the day, if at all.)
26 comments:
That's a wonderful barn. God bless.
What a wonderful barn! I assume you are a quilter, or at least interest in quilting because of your Mystery quilt bus trip. Though I love quilts and have quite a few because my parents collect old ones and gift us with them often, I don't quilt (ok, I CANNOT sew!). However, I've read the very best series of book that are centered around quilting. Maybe you might enjoy them too, Mary.
They're by Jennifer Chiaverini and are know as the Elm Creek Quilts Novels. I've loved them all!
Anywho - just a perfect SWF! Love the round barn - it's just wonderful! Have a lovely time on your trip!
ABB
Do you know why the Dutch built round barns? The devil couldn't corner them when they were in the barn. I guess that is an old tale from an old Dutch neighbor! Mustang Mike
Lovely shots.
Happy SWF.
Gary
Bodge's Bulletin
These are beautiful, Mary. The barn is so different from anything I've seen before. I like the clouds. Have a great day and have fun on your quilting trip!
I'm back ...
Oh no, cried blog world ... he's back!
But guess what, I'm glad I decided to make a comeback.
If I didn´t rejoin SWF I would never have the chance to see these great photos!
Fantastic Sky Watch post..
Enjoy the trip and remember to take your camera..
What an intriguing looking barn! I wonder why that design was chosen?
Sky Watch created a great opportunity to show the building against a beautiful blue and white sky. Very nice.
Enjoy the mystery busy trip. Take pictures.
Great photos, that's a unique looking barn, I've never seen a circular one before.
Thanks everyone! I believe there are other round barns in the area, but not very many.
Annie: I've read all of Chiavirini's books except the newest one. I like them alot! Glad to know you like them, too!
Mustang Mike: thanks for that bit of folklore about round barns! May be the reason, for all I know.
Ann: I really don't know why round barns, but Mustang Mike above, gave a reason :-) Will try to look this up when I get time.
great shots - good perspective!
Another passion I have is for old barns. Although this one doesn't look that old, it's construction resembles older barns from other countries. The blue sky, and the clouds really complete the scene.
Oh, Oh- I didn't see the date on this barn. Someone apparently has taken very good care of it.
I can see why they like it.
Great round barn -- I seem to remember reading that they were designed for maximum efficiency, but I've got to go read up on them. Hope you have a great Sky Watch Friday.
That is a really cool barn ... no wonder it is highly photographed and painted!
What a wonderful looking round barn. Very beautiful Sky Watch photos!
That barn is awesome:) Great post!
Petunia's SWF
that barn is so interesting I like it--it struck a chord w/ me I must have seen one as a child but I can't recall the details-- thank you for sharing that
Of course I love these skywatch pictures...love brilliant blue skies and I love round barns...I have two or three pictured in my blog.
Amazing photography!!!!!! All of them. What a treat for my eyes and so informative. Thanks!!! Have a great guilting trip. Happy weekend.
Wonderful buildings you have there Mary. Enjoy your trip!!
I love Mustang Mike's story of round barns. LOL!!
Wonderful photos. The barns are fantastic!
Great captures for sky watch!
Have a nice weekend.
Thank you everyone! Sorry I can't leave individual replies, but I've been gone alot and trying to catch up.
Post a Comment