Thursday, June 12, 2008

Skywatch Friday..

America the Beautiful


"O, beautiful for spacious skies.....

........for amber waves of grain."

Someone else will have to finish the song..... Indiana doesn't have "purple mountains majesty" !

32 comments:

Lilli & Nevada said...

Very well done, Great photos too

Juliana RW said...

beautiful sky...

Mine in here Thanks

Juliana said...

nice landscape and sky

Please visit mine also :D Thanks

Suzanne said...

I love the beautiful field combined with wonderful blue sky and fluffy clouds.

Ladynred said...

Beautiful shots of the field and the skies! Happy SWF!
Scrapbooking and Photography

Anonymous said...

great catch! Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.... Mine's up too hope you can drop bybut if you already visited then thanks.

FO - 2 said...

Beautiful series.
Love the last shot! :)

SandyCarlson said...

This is a love sequence. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Really a nice set of photos. Have a nice weekend.

me ann my camera said...

Even though you don't have purple mountains in your region, your country, like mine goes from sea to sea and includes a little bit of everything from mountains to coastlines to beautiful shores. Lovely sky watch skies!
My sky watch is at: varying seasons

John Theberge said...

Nice sky shots, I also liked yesterdays hawk video.

Mary said...

Thank you every one who visited from skywatch!

Ann: When we sing "America the Beautiful" that can include your lovely Canada, too as part of North America. How nice that our countries share a continent!

John: Thanks! Still not sure which hawk it is, but it was interesting to watch the blackbirds harrass it....poor thing.

The Birdlady said...

Oh how beautiful.

(Our mountains are blue, so I'll have to skip that part -and go to
"America, America,
God mend thine every flaw"

Tom said...

Thank you for joining in with Sky Watch this week and helping to make it special.

Tom :O)

LOve the Wren in the header.. and the rest of your beautiful pictures... Hawks and such are my favourite birds so you post below was great to look through.
Tom

April said...

Beautiful scenes, Mary, and lovely puffy clouds.

Michele said...

Such beautiful photos of a beautiful area... I love the lazy clouds that float by!
Very nice.
Mountain Retreat

VaQueenBee said...

We have mountains, but they're blue...not purple! :o)

Great shots!

Mary said...

Birdlady: I'm sure blue mountains would do :-) If only he would mend our flaws, but I think he expects us to help with that.

Tom: Thanks and also for hosting this popular feature.

April, Michele, Teresa:Thanks! I don't know that I've ever actually seen purple mountains...brown/grey in Tucson, green covered in Tennessee and the east, snow-capped in Seattle...all beautiful! Indiana lacks mountains of any sort.

judi/Gmj said...

Lovely photos. Have a great week end.

Kathie Brown said...

Nice photos though I did get caught up in trying to ID the hawk below!

Mary said...

Kathiesbirds: I hope you succeeded!

Petunia said...

Very nice:)

esnorway said...

werry nice pics

Rose said...

I first looked at your skywatch photos...I thought, hmmmm, she has got to be somewhere close to me. So looked at your profile and you are in Indiana, too. I am about 5 miles or so from the western edge of the state and midway of the state north and south.

Anyway, I have to look around more and wanted to tell you I like your sky watch photos, but I LOVE your header photo...I love birds but I declare I think Wrens are my favorite. They have such a big voice for such a little voice and such personalities.

Becky said...

Love those clouds. Great post for our America.
Becky

Mary said...

Rose: I just visited your blog and not only are we both in Indiana, but we are both quilters! Hope to visit some more and that you will stop in again.

Island Rambles: Thanks! I've been to your lovely blog before and will stop in again soon.

Becky and Gary: Thanks!

Mary said...

I'm sorry if I haven't answered all your comments personally, but I thank you for stopping in to see my blog and hope to visit all of yours when I have a bit more time.

Tammy said...

Love the photos.

No purple mountain majesty in Alabama either. Sorry!

Mary said...

Thanks Pat and Tammy!

Unknown said...

Beautiful series!

abb said...

No mountains on the CT coast either - sorry, can't finish for you!

Your photos are gorgeous. Nothing like a midwest sky. My very favorite.

Mary said...

John: thanks!

Annie: Well....there must be someone out there with purple mountains....or maybe the songwriter was colorblind :-) I don't have ANY kind of mountains!