
Happy Birithday, Emily! I'm now posting all my family posts in a separate blog, but thought I'd sneak in this "nature" memory of my daughter when she was about 8 years old and we had some baby geese on the pond.

Today she is 30!!!
After that brief flashback to a summer scene, now I have to think
winter again! It was so cold, nasty and dark outside that I didn't take many pictures yesterday. All of my regular visitors seem to be aware that winter is making a brief return and showed up to eat some suet and seeds...but not pose. If the temperature really drops to 29 on Monday night they will be very hungry in the next few days!





I know this is not a good picture, but it was typical of the goldfinch behavior today. The males have gotten very aggressive and defensive at the feeder....even when there is an empty perch available. This male was saying a very loud "NO" to both the Pine Siskin and the other finch!

Time to buy more suet!
6 comments:
It is wonderful to remember!
We have suet outside for the birds too but for some reason we are not getting any takers, even though it is the same kind! We had tons of birds eating suet at our old house which is only about 10 miles away....go figure!
--JB
JB: Give them time...they will decide to eat it eventually. I can't imagine birds turning down suet...maybe the location of the feeders?
Hi Mary,
You have hit the nail on the head....JB is definitely spoiled..... per daddy Len too! We love all animals. We just have a big problem with PooPoo in our house....JB's big sister......that is why JB said what she did about Fluffy. :^) Don't know if you have met PooPoo yet in JB's small world.....we even tried to get some help from a pet communicator for PooPoo's poop problems. :^)
--JB's mom
JB: Sometimes cats make us wonder why we love them so much :-)
great photos~
sandy
Sandy: Thank you!
Post a Comment