
A bird for my "life list"! This is a Prothonotary Warbler.....such a big name for such a pretty little bird! I've never seen one before, but was walking the wetlands and there one was and it really was pretty cooperative in posing! I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post it. Saw other neat stuff, too, but will get to it later :-)



A couple shots I thought were going to be really good, were out of focus....drat! I'm just happy to have gotten these!
9 comments:
I think all of your photos are great! And I especially like the first one because although the bird is small its bright colour is so outstanding in the grey environment! Congratulations on finding it and getting its picture. You must have been so pleased when you saw it; I know the feeling. Enjoy!
Me and My Camera: I so seldom see a totally new bird and such a bright pretty one! I've only ever had one warbler come to my house (yellow-rumped), so warblers are a whole new territory for me. At first I thought I was seeing a goldfinch.
WOW, I think that is one beautiful warbler! Lucky you to be able to see it...what a thrill for sure!
Aunt B: Isn't it bright? I was curious about the name. Refers to clerks in the Roman Catholic Church that wear yellow robes. Must have been a Roman Catholic naturalist that discovered it :-)
Oh, you're so lucky! I haven't seen one since I lived in Charleston. These are gorgeous pictures. I love how bright his feathers are!
Sandpiper: I felt very lucky indeed! A beautiful bird.
gosh is is yellow! You have some amazing colored birds :D
She is SOOOOO pretty.
sandy
Mosefruen and Sandy: It was the brightest bird that I've ever seen in the wild. That yellow just really showed up great! I want to go back and look for it again. It seemed to stay in one area so maybe it has a nest nearby.
Post a Comment