C is for Catbird, Chickadee, Chipping Sparrow, and Cowbird....and a Contortionist Red-Bellied Woodpecker
My Catibird was ready to pose for me today...actually I have two!
I haven't had a good Chickadee picture for a long time, so I wanted to post one!
The Chipping Sparrow found our brand new feeder and seems to like it despite that "strange" bird in the center.
I believe this is a female Cowbird. Whatever she is, she was willing to pose for me quite a bit.
I had to include this Red-Bellied Woodpecker because he was into strange contortions at the suet feeder....first he was all scrunched (couldn't figure what he was doing) and then he went into weird upside down head twists.
How cute! I love the title of this post! Great pictures, as always, Mary. I noticed that you placed the purple and house finches next to each other on the side bar. Sometimes it can be confusing when looking at them, but seeing them together like you have them, shows how different they really are. Your blog is looking great!
Sandpiper: Thanks! I've always had trouble knowing if I had a Purple finch, and this year I actually had a good picture and could tell the difference. I get plenty of House finches.
John: Thanks! I don't know what the scrunch position meant...it was like he dropped some food on his belly and was trying to get it :-) And the head twist...he could have just backed down a few inches!
Me and My Camera: Thanks! You would just the right person to do D is for Duck! I've never seen so many ducks as you see! I'm going to have to figure out where the nearest place to see some good ducks is around here so I can post some :-)
Tsannis: He does, doesn't he. Actually, I think it was extreme concentration on the seed between his toes that he was pecking on. I guess I interrupted him :-)
I've been lifted up on Your wings of love, Raised from the grave of sin and despair, I can soar to the top of Your holy mountain Your wings of grace will carry me there. I will humble myself in Your sight, And bow low to the King of Kings! And wait in joy and hope and peace..... As I'm lifted on grace filled wings. (by Mary Freeman)
Christian, wife, mother, quilter, reader, writer, photographer. My blog title originated when all my blogs were one. Faith, Fabric and Photos is my main blog.
14 comments:
How cute! I love the title of this post! Great pictures, as always, Mary. I noticed that you placed the purple and house finches next to each other on the side bar. Sometimes it can be confusing when looking at them, but seeing them together like you have them, shows how different they really are. Your blog is looking great!
Sandpiper: Thanks! I've always had trouble knowing if I had a Purple finch, and this year I actually had a good picture and could tell the difference. I get plenty of House finches.
Wonderful photos, I got a kick out of that contorting woodpecker.
John: Thanks! I don't know what the scrunch position meant...it was like he dropped some food on his belly and was trying to get it :-) And the head twist...he could have just backed down a few inches!
Wonderful photos today! Love that woodpecker's positions...haha.
sandy
C is also for congratulations on such a fine post. :-) The alphabet theme would be a fun posting idea. Maybe I could do "D' is for duck.
I really like the Catbird photos!
Sandy: thanks! He was pretty funny.
Me and My Camera: Thanks! You would just the right person to do D is for Duck! I've never seen so many ducks as you see! I'm going to have to figure out where the nearest place to see some good ducks is around here so I can post some :-)
I like your Woodpecker series. Very interesting looking bird.
Mike: Thanks! I think all woodpeckers are beautiful! I'm glad I get to see at least a couple of them regularly.
Stunning photos Mary, the Woodpecker in the final few shots is stunning as are the others.
your chickadee looks like one angry little bird. ;-)
Mike: Thank you! He was very cooperative.
Tsannis: He does, doesn't he. Actually, I think it was extreme concentration on the seed between his toes that he was pecking on. I guess I interrupted him :-)
Such great woodpecker photos!
--JB
JB: Woodpeckers love to pose :-)
Post a Comment