Friday, April 18, 2008
Sombody's shaking my world!
Don't have any pictures, but if you are hearing news about an earthquake in Illinois or Indiana, the epicenter is about 35 miles northwest of where I live! We woke up early in the morning with a 5.2 shaking the house and just a few minutes ago we had a 4.5 aftershock! Truthfully....it isn't very alarming and we just acknowledged it and went back to sleep. This is when I'm glad I live in a dome.....my house is pretty earthquake proof (although it might shake off the foundation and roll down the hill :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I thought of you when I heard the news and wondered if you had felt it!!
Certainly did! We were rocking and rolling :-)
Nice to have a birds eye view of the quake. Out here in So Cal, we expect them but still when they happen they upset your world..for a few moments..even if just in your mind...
sandy
Sandy: I imagine that yours are bigger out there. I live in a rural environment outside of town, and it just shakes everything briefly and sounds like a big truck rolling into the neighborhood. As long as it doesn't happen every day!
We experienced an earthquake once of about the same size that you mention and not knowing what it I wondered if a train was going by under our house! So glad there were no bad results for you from it.
Me and My Camera: I think the noise is the most startling thing. The first time I felt one here at home, it sounded like a large garbage truck had run into the side of the house and I jumped up to look out the window! This one being in the wee hours of the morning was more noted for the shaking....it shook for several minutes.
You live in a dome? A real, Buckminster Fuller, dome? Tell us more!
Wren: Yes, I do...for the last 28 years. We wanted something energy effecient and it is...6" thick walls, good air flow. It is a pain at times when arranging furniture or hanging pictures and quilts, but mostly I love it. If you search my blog for "dome" and "inventors" you will find other pictures. My dad actually met Buckminster Fuller once and took pictures of his dymaxion 3-wheeled car! Seemed like fate, when we built a dome!
Post a Comment