Saturday, April 19, 2008

They're here! They're here!


Terrible picture, nasty gloomy rainy day.....I don't care! My first Rose-Breasted Grosbeak of the year! Whoopee!

8 comments:

April said...

That's fantastic! Your excitement is infectious, and I'm excited with you! I don't think we get these grosbeaks here-at least I've never seen one. Very beautiful coloring. :)

Mary said...

April: They only come here in the spring and sometimes stay over the summer....then they go away again:-( I've only had regular ones the last couple of years. They are such a pretty bird! What sort of Grosbeaks do you get where you live? This is the only kind that I ever see.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Yippeeeeee!! I love these birds and hardly ever get to see them anymore. Fantastic sighting! I like the pictures you've been adding the side, as well, Mary.

Mary said...

Sandpiper: Hopefully they will head to your house, too. I just love their cheerful color.

sandy said...

Wow, wish we had those around here. Those colors!!

sandy

Mary said...

Sandy: It is such a striking bird that I always get excited when they show up. The female is pretty, too even though she has none of his bright colors. Most of my birds are consistent year round, but this is one that only shows up for the summer like the hummingbirds.

me ann my camera said...

You sure can't miss that bright spot on a rainy day! What a handsome bird.

Jessica said...

I am waiting to see on of those birds too.