

You are going to get tired of my gushing excitement, but when these colorful out-of-town visitors begin showing up I really want to leap for joy! First the Rose-breasted Grosbeak showed up yesterday.....haven't seen it again yet....and now the Indigo Buntings! They are sooooo blue, they just take my breath away!

There are at least two because one is totally blue and the other one is molting! I won't post any more pics, because I'm still having internet trouble and it shuts down every time I click on "done" when I load a picture! I'm about to tear my hair out over this!
16 comments:
Hi Mary,
Wonderful pictures of those Indigo Buntings. We don't get them here.
Thank you for your comment. The recipes are on the blog ... for the Bangers and Mash click on the link where "recipe" is underlined.
For the Dutch Apple Pancake recipe ... go to April 20th's post and click on the link where "Dutch Apple Pancake" is underlined.
Mary, your bird visitors are as colourful as your quilts! I can understand your excitement for I have seen so many spring arrivals lately I can't keep up with them. That's why I did three postings today :-)
Wow what a beautiful looking bird, you are lucky.
Cicero Sings: Will stop by for the recipes :-) They sure looked good. I really like these beautiful blue finches! I hope they stick around and aren't just passing through.
Me and My Camera: I know what you mean! Anytime I see a new bird, I want to post immediately....I have no patience :-) Your duck photos have been great!
Mike: It is a beautiful bird and I do feel lucky to have them for the summer at least. However, you guys across the sea have some pretty fascinating birds we don't have, so I guess we all just have good reason to read each others blogs and even to visit each others countries :-)
Buntings are delightful - that blue is unreal. I haven't any in my yard, but I can't resist repeat pictures of my favorites either.
I've NEVER had indigos, darn it, and I am so envious!
When we used to have cedar trees, the cedar waxwings would come through each year. We had to remove them and haven't seen my friends since.
Great photos!
How exciting, Mary!!! I would love to have them visit me someday! WOW!!
I'd be gushing too if this pair made an appearance in my yard.
Thanks everyone! Beautiful birds help make me forget computer problems and dead trees :-)
Oh, I wish I could see on of these birds. I was just reading about them in a book yesterday. Maybe someday.
Jessica: What book were you reading? I guess we all covet some bird that someone else has that we don't. That's why we're bird nuts :-) From varioius blogs I read I've been coveting water birds, flickers, and painted buntings! And all those neat English birds! and I still haven't held a Chickadee in my hand like you have!
I'd get excited too if this bird showed up in my yard. I loved your bloom shots from yesterday.
Hi Mary! Oh, I love the Indigo Buntings. Mine haven't arrived yet but should shortly. You have certainly captured them beautifully!
John: Thanks John! I hope they stick around all summer.
Aunt B: They are really beautiful birds and last year was the first year they came to my house. I think because they aren't here all the time, it makes it more exciting when they do show up.
I love photos of Indigos but have never seen one in person in my yard. Maybe we don't have them out here..
sandy
Sandy: The guide book map that I have shows them only as far west as the Rocky mountain area. Do you have Lazuli Buntings? It shows them sometimes mixing with them on the western edge. I've only seen them for the first time last year.
Post a Comment