Tuesday, April 8, 2008

On the home front....



The squirrels are enjoying the nice weather and I had a very young looking one show up on the front step yesterday and it sat and picked through the seeds under the tree for at least an hour. He had a "wet" look for some reason. A larger, fatter one was hanging from the suet feeder on the tree.....which was basically empty, but he must have found something.


A nice female robin showed up to see what she could find in the grass by the steps. She looks so different on first the white gravel and then the green grass!


This goldfinch has finished his molt and looks very sleek and handsome without the old greyish feathers clinging to him.
I watched my pot of tulips open slowly all day......it was almost like watching time lapse photography! They started here.................and ended up here! How beautiful they are! Makes up for me forgetting to plant any last Fall.
I enjoyed playing with taking some close-ups.
Just a nice morning at home.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Tulips Mary,
Much nicer to see them in a pot or outside as they don't last if picked and brought inside.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Mary, How beautiful! Your spring is very far ahead of here! I love all of your pictures today! Aren't the goldfinches beautiful this time of year!

Mary said...

Roy and Sandpiper: Thank you!

April said...

It certainly is SPRING there! The tulips are so pretty. A very nice spring post.

Mary said...

April: Thank you...of course I had to buy spring in a pot :-) It seems to be here for good, but we are never safe until about May 1.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Love your blog. We will be back. My mom is trying to get a picture of a red finch like you have on your sidebar.
Thanks for visiting us! Hope to see you again.
--JB

Mary said...

JB: Thanks for stopping by! I loved your blog and Jelly Bean :-) I have 3 cats that would love to meet him. I used to have their pictures on the side bar but took them off....will have to find some new ones...they don't pose very well.

John Theberge said...

It's nice to see all those flowers actually growing outside, I'm looking forward to that around here.

Mary said...

John: I'm certainly loving all the nice temperatures....60's every day! Hope your spring comes soon. I think I would be depressed watching everyone else have spring arrive and not have it myself! You Northeasterners are stoic! 3 cheers of encouragement!