Despite being April Fool's Day, I don't think Mother Nature is fooling and spring is finally here. The "Yellow" season is beginning! Hooray! One brave forsythia bush and goldfinches that are beginning to turn to yellow! I have some daffodils....but I also have rain and don't want to go out and photograph them at the moment :-) I just can't keep posting desert shots when spring is springing all around me!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What a nice variety of birds you have today. So nice to see the bright colors of the little goldfinch. Spring is definitely springing, and boy, am I ready!
Wow, I can't wait till the forsythias are blooming around here. It's supposed to be warm around here this week so hopefully that'll put a huge dent in the snow.
Sandpiper: Thanks! I enjoy the variety and always have a dozen or so different types each day. The birds I had all winter will still be here all summer, too.
John: I hope you get your forsythia soon. Those of you in the north seem to have had a really terrible winter this year. We are getting lots of rain right now....more than we need at the moment.
Lovely shots, you have some stunning birds there. Mike.
Mary- Very nice shots, really looks like spring where you live!
Tom
Hi Mary, I envy you with your beautifully blooming forsythia!
I hope spring is here to stay. Don't blame you for not wanting to go out in the rain, however you have some beautiful shots of the birds!
Hurrah for the Forsythia! For some reason we have never had any luck at growing one and have tired several times. Last year we finally gave up and decided not to plant anymore. Yours looks very leafed out. Its yellow looks lovely.
Mike: thank you! I'm glad to be back with my home birds.
Tom: Yes, Spring is here!
Aunt B: The yellow of the forsythia always seems to really say "Spring" to me even more than a robin does.
Me and My Camera: Forsythias practically grow like weeds here. I started with 2 little bushes and now have them everywhere and have given away dozens! You can literally just stick a banch in the ground and grow new ones! The birds like their dense tangle. I don't trim a lot of them and they don't bloom as profusely as the one in the picture. It is weird how something grows so well for one person and not for another. Of course your climate is much colder than mine.
I wish forsythia would do well here. I nursed along a plant for several years, but it never did well--never knew when spring really was and would bloom in December or whenever there was a warm day. Wonderfu shot of the song sparrow--hard to do.
Bruce: My forsythia don't always bloom at the right time either...they sometimes try to start early if we have a mild winter and then get frozen. There may be several partial blooms. However, eventually you will see flowers on the forsythia of most bushes in the area. The ones I leave wild down by the "creek" tend to have few blooms. It seems to require cutting them occasionally to get good blooming.
Post a Comment