Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Indigos and Red-Wing Blackbirds










The molting Indigo stayed around all day yesterday, but every time he got comfortable at a feeder this Red-wing Blackbird decided to come to the same feeder. It was sort of comical to have them keep switching back and forth. I have 2 Red-Wing blackbirds that are hanging around all day right now. Usually, I don't have them at the feeder except in the coldest of winter.











I've never been able to figure out how to have all of my photos so they can be pulled up larger. With some hints from Bruce, I am trying something different with this post, so we'll see if it works. I don't know why Blogger makes things so difficult. Putting together a post is hard work at times.




8 comments:

abb said...

Whatever you did, it worked! When I clicked on the pictures, they become huge and the detail is incredible. If that's what you wanted to acieve, you did!

Yea!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Oh my gosh! You're so lucky to have these, Mary. Bruce is going to love these pictures when she sees them!

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Sorry! I just noticed your banner with the quilt and pretty flowers! I had to come back to say how pretty it is.

Mary said...

Annie and Sandpiper: Thanks! Blue is always such an unexpected color in birds that it is really startling when it is there. Doing the pictures this way was more work, but I do like when people can click and bring them up larger. Usually when I post, only the first picture seems to work that way. I guess I try to crowd them too close together for one thing. I don't like all the blank space that blogger leaves in between everything.

Mike said...

Glad to see that the Indigo's are still visiting.

sandy said...

I love it when the birds kind of perform while eating and one seems to have the upper hand..great pics Mary, I enjoyed them.

sandy

Mary said...

Mike and Sandy: Thanks! I thought I saw a female earlier, but not sure. Will certainly keep looking for them.

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Mary, I have to upload my pictures one at a time in reverse order, and each time I upload, the space at the bottom gets bigger and bigger. So, after I'm done, I have to go back and delete the spaces, but if I'm not careful and go one too many, I could accidentally delete a picture. Then I have to begin all over again. I'm not used to working with templates, so it drives me a little crazy. If I try to move the pictures around even a little, I lose the "click to enlarge" feature. So much for offering "drag and drop!" The Blogger templates and upload process could sure use some tweaking.