Actually I talked about this once before, but I would love to hear other people's answers, since we all read blogs from all over the world. What birds can you rely on seeing every day in your back yard? Here in southern Indiana, I can look out my window any day of the year and see the following:
1. Cardinals
2. Goldfinches
3. House Finches
4. Chickadee
5. Titmouse
Those are probably the top 5. I also see Pine Siskins, House Sparrows, Doves, Downy Woodpeckers, White-Throated Sparrows, and Song Sparrows usually any day of the year. The other woodpeckers....Hairy, Red-Bellied, Pileated....are out there but I don't see them every day. The Blue Jay, White-breasted Nuthatch, Red-breasted Nuthatch, Carolina Wren are also out there, but don't stop by every day. And of course there are assorted "blackbirds".....Red-wing, Grackles, Starlings, Cowbirds, etc. out there, but not at my house usually. I'm sure there are many more "every day" birds here in southern Indiana, but this is my list, for my yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Well it depends upon the season but right now its Sparrows, sparrows, sparrows everywhere!
1. White-throated Sparrows
2. Chipping Sparrows
3. Savannah sparrows
4. Song Sparrows
5. Mourning Doves
Interesting Question.
okay, finches, finches and finches, sparrows, sparrows, and doves, doves, doves, scrub jays, hummingbirds and other than that it gets a little dull around here....
I do have some I don't recognize but not sure what they are.
Me and My Camera: There must be some birds that are there all the time,aren't there besides sparrows? Maybe some jays or grosbeaks or something?
Sandy: Take pictures and post them and we will help you identify them. I love seeing other people's birds and figuring out what they are. It must be nice to have hummingbirds all the time. Scrub jays are different....I only get Blue jays.
Everyday birds: Cardinals, Blue Jays, Titmice, Chickadees, Mouurning Doves, Juncos, House Sparrows, White-Throated Sparrows, House Finches, White Breasted Nuthatches, Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers. Lately I can add Grackles, Crows, and Cowbirds to that list.
Often seen: Carolina Wrens, Chipping Sparrows, Fox Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Tree Sparrows, Red-Breasted Nuthatches, Red-Bellied Woodpeckers.
Once in a blue moon: Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers, Great Crested Flycatchers, Ruby-Crowned Kinglets, Mockingbirds, Catbirds, Starlings, Red-winged Blackbirds, Goldfinches, Purple Finches, Hummingbirds.
Other birds - Turkey Vultures, Black Vultures, Sharp-Shinned Hawks, Red-Tailed Hawks, Merlins, and Cooper's Hawks.
Sandpiper: Thanks! that's quite a list and we have many of the same birds all the time. I forgot to even put the Mockingbird on my own list of "always around", but don't see it every day.
Post a Comment