Finally the spring birds beginning to arrive! I have seen 4 Chipping Sparrows in the last few days and finally got a few decent shots of them at the feeders and underneath on the ground.
Then I saw the male robins, come to join my female from the other day.
My cute little squirrel came back to sit right in the middle of my hosta shoots starting to come up. I almost chased him away, but he was just too cute to disturb.
Three old friends were sharing at the feeder.
This House Finch seems to have an eye problem of some sort.....both eyes look "bad" to me.
One brave Quince blossom......the whole bush should be flowering soon....I've seen others in bloom and can't figure out why mine is being so slow!
If the grass is taller than the cardinals......does that mean its time to get the mower out???
8 comments:
Wow! To think about mowing already?! Beautiful pictures, and so springlike! Nice that the chipping sparrows are coming back. I saw one last week, but no big crowds of them yet. Your squirrel is absolutely precious! You have beautiful birds and flowers!
Sandpiper: Believe it or not, I have already mowed once! The one downside to spring and summer :-)
Very pretty set of photos. My mom saw a daddy cardinal on our back fence today but he was too quick for her to get the camera out. We will keep an eye on our feeder.
--JB
Quote: If the grass is taller than the cardinals......does that mean its time to get the mower out???
Noooo.... it means that the cardinals get somewere to hide :D
And your squirrel is so cute :D
JB: Well, I have cardinals all year round, so they aren't unusual visitors, but this one looked pretty in the grass.
Mosefruen: Ah, if only I could convince my husband that I shouldn't mow so the birds could hide in the grass! It would be OK with me!
You've got my chippies I see! Beautiful blossoms. That eye problem is very common in house finches. I can't remember the details, but you can google it. We've mowed several times already too, but there are so many pretty little flowers in the grass that we hate to mow them.
Spring has definately sprung in your neck of the woods. It'll be over a month before we even begin to think about mowing a lawn around here.
Bruce: I like the chippies...they are so different from my many streaky sparrows. I've mowed once and I have violets all over the yard which I mow around in large paths (looks bad as a lawn, but I love the violets too much to mow them down :-) I mow around daffodil patches, too.
John: Well, I guess not mowing is one advantage to a later spring. I'll know you have spring when your picture changes from one walking in the snow :-) Sort of like looking for changes in Goldfinches?? :-)
Post a Comment