At the park, I was fascinated by the grooming technique of this one goose! I never saw so many graceful and artful poses and the very intricate way she groomed every feather and nook and crannie of her body! You notice I assume it is a female :-)
First came the yoga warm-up stretches and ballet stances....
.....rubbing the sides from tip to tail......
.....take care of both wings......top......and bottom...... and the tips....
.....don't neglect the tail area and undersides....
I got worn out just watching her, but it was beautiful from start to finish!
17 comments:
Oh wow! I love this sequence!! It's so funny! The one-legged stance - second to the last picture - What an expression! Priceless!! Fantastic pictures, Mary!!!
Sandpiper: I guess she doesn't like having her photograph taken :-) She was an amazing contortionist...made my neck hurt just watching,but she did it all so gracefully, I really should have shot a video!
I wrote about this type of geese a few posts ago. They are so interesting. Your photos are a nice sequence of their yoga!
--JB
What fun! Who would think a goose could get into so many positions! Great post.
JB: I am probably boring people with my goose posts, but I find them fascinating! Will have to look up your post. I really think they are beautiful birds and so graceful at times and then sort of clumsy at other times!
Bruce: I wish I was that flexible!
The geese ARE fascinating and I end up taking pictures of them every year ... even though they make a terrible poopy mess where ever they go! You were able to get a great sequence of pictures of the grooming process.
I like the varied poses.
Oh Mary..beautiful photos and loved the commentary!!
sandy
Cicero, Mike and Sandy: Hello! Thanks! This goose had a tremendous variety of poses...all I had to do was keeep clicking!
I'm stuck a position of Photo #3 and can't move - so I'm not signing to that Yoga of yours!
Cool series! Well done - and thanks for visiting!
Cheers, Klaus
Klaus: Yes...that one is a killer position :-)
These are great pictures and a wonderful sequence! Also I love your new title with the Canada and the turtle; very lovely.
Hi Mary!
Sorry I haven't been here in a while...
This post is what the doctor ordered for me tonight. Lots of laughter! Your sequence and narratives are fabulous.
Those silly looking geese are great entertainment, aren't they?
Mary
fantastic photos and love-love the comments :D
Me and My Camera: Thanks! The banner is probably going to change again soon. I notice that you've been changing yours alot too :-)
Mary: Thanks for the nice comments. I don't know how any of us manage to visit all the blogs that we want. I find new ones every day that I want to read and just can't keep up!
Mosefruen: Thanks! I think I'll start visiting the park when I need a smile....the geese really are fun to watch.
Very good :-}
It only needs a comic musical accompaniment...
Kingsdowner: Hmmm...maybe next time I can take some music with me and see what happens :-) Gilbert and Sullivan, you think?
Post a Comment